best dirt oval car - HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Forum for Diecast Collectors, Modelers, Slot Cars, & Radio Control
Home Forums Photo Album RC TrackFinder Catalog Donation/HobbyTalk Supporter

Welcome to the HobbyTalk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!

NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.

Go Back   HobbyTalk > Radio Control Vehicles > RC Oval Racing > RC Dirt Oval Racing
Register Classifieds Help/TOS Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 06:32 PM

My Photos

best dirt oval car

whats the best dirt oval car? custom works? losi slider? losi li8ght? dynotech? exotec? klien? havoc? i know there are many more. i have sliders, a li8ght, and some oval buggie conversions that all handle very well. thanks poraudi
Old 09-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

I don't think any particular oval car is the best. I've only owned a few, but every one has its own advantages and disadvantages that vary from track to track.

Right now though, I'd have to say my favorite is the JRC Terminator. Easiest car to setup and drive that I've ever owned in the few years I've been involved in this hobby.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:15 PM

My Photos

thanks steve i haven't heard of the jrc termininator. its a broad question with many things to cosider. perhaps a better question- what car is winning the most at big races??
poraudi
Old 09-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

That new Custom Works Rocket swept the top three qualifying and finish positions at a big race they had in Illinois last month.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:45 PM

My Photos

west coast

thanks steve i'm in the west coast sf bay area. don't have any near oval tracks. so all i hear about are the east coast tracks. i have a custom works enforcer. works very good. almost as fast as my li8ght. custom works seems the most popular.
poraudi
Old 09-11-2009, 07:49 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by poraudi View Post
thanks steve i'm in the west coast sf bay area. don't have any near oval tracks. so all i hear about are the east coast tracks. i have a custom works enforcer. works very good. almost as fast as my li8ght. custom works seems the most popular.
poraudi
We have a track in oakly,and one in union city. Lm Cw int se is the dominent car,as well as JRC cars,and CW sprint cars,both gbx and dd are both good,we run 13.5's in the classes,we also have a gearbox edm class that is growing as well using b4 based cars to keep costs down.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

EDM class GROWING out on the WEST COAST. Hear that, guys?

Koz, have any suggestions on how to help build an EDM class here? It's pretty popular in neighboring states and there are enough people around dedicated to dirt oval here, but for some reason, it's not happening.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:57 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

putnam car by far the best , call 518 452 0422 ask for todd
Old 09-11-2009, 08:07 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX-Steve View Post

Koz, have any suggestions on how to help build an EDM class here? It's pretty popular in neighboring states and there are enough people around dedicated to dirt oval here, but for some reason, it's not happening.
We have ran the big dollar cars in the edm class,but it is working out better using b4 based cars ,cost wise and it slows them down just a tad on our smaller track,plus it seems every one either has an older offroad car or knows someone that has one for cheap,you can build a b4 based edm with a 13.5 for under 300.. bucks, shopping around,for good used stuff.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:57 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Hyperdrive Havoc. Its a Terminator based car and a couple hundred bucks cheaper than all the rest. Multi-time US Open Wheel Champion!

Shoot me an Email at matto29@yahoo.com and I'd be glad to discuss any questions you may have. I have raced dirt oval for nearly 20 years and have owned or used almost every dirt oval car out there.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:16 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by poraudi View Post
perhaps a better question- what car is winning the most at big races??
poraudi
Putnam cars have dominated the big races , little races and everything in between since their introduction, and continue to do so today.

You can't fake results...

Feel free to contact me at the shop M-F, 9-5 EST.

Thanks,
Todd Putnam
518-452-0422
Old 09-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Lot's of good cars out there... keep your eyes open... T2C has a new car coming out and everything I have seen and heard so far, sounds like this car may be the one to have.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:29 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovalnator View Post
Hyperdrive Havoc. Its a Terminator based car and a couple hundred bucks cheaper than all the rest. Multi-time US Open Wheel Champion!
Multi-Time US Open Wheel Champ?
Old 09-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX-Steve View Post

All you need to do is get 3 or 4 guys to commit to racing them and stick with it till it takes off and it will. But the key is being consistant with running them. Maybe it is time to get the guys together Steve that have been talking about it and say, "time for some action".

I am a Custom Works dealer and am willing to work with guys on price to keep the cost as low as it can get, that always helps too.

Duke

Duke

Last edited by Duke Bradshaw; 09-12-2009 at 08:56 AM..
Old 09-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

This is a loaded question there are some great cars out there right now, Custom Works, JRC, Hyperdrive, Putnam. They all work you just have to find the car that suits your driving style. Any of these cars can ,will and have won big races its just not the car. You need to find the one that fits your style and your budget. Good luck and have fun dirt oval racing is the most competitive Rc racing going on right now!!