You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!
NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.
Things you have to learn if you even plan a move to South Carolina:
A Possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.
"Onced" and "Twiced" are words.
It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy.
"Jaw-P" means "Did ya'll go to the bathroom?"
People actually grow AND eat okra.
People do eat `grits`
"Fixinto" is one word.
There is no such thing as "lunch". There is only dinner and then there is supper.
Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar!
96% of americans say a cuss word before hitting a ditch ,the other 4% are from SC and say hold my beer and watch this
`Yawnt to` is a word,it means do you want to
Backards and forards means "I know everything about you."
The word "Jeet" is actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"
You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is. You work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH them.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM South Carolina IF:
1. You measure distance in minutes.
2. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
3. You use "fix" as a verb. For example: "I'm fixing to go git somethin ta eat."
4. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
5. You know what a "DAWG" is.
6. You carry jumper cables in your car. For your OWN car.
7. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, Texas Pete, Tabasco and Ketchup.
8. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and motorsports.
9. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
10. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit "a bit warm".
11. You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, still Summer and Christmas .
12. Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past time known as "goin' Wal-martin" or off t o "Wally World."
13. You describe the first cold snap (below 70 degrees) as good soup weather.
16 . We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive dag-nabbit.
17. You understand these jokes and forward them to your South Carolina friends (and those who just wish they were.)