Nitro TC3 latemodel conversion? what do i need??? - HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Forum for Diecast Collectors, Modelers, Slot Cars, & Radio Control
Home Forums Photo Album RC TrackFinder Catalog Donation/HobbyTalk Supporter

Welcome to the HobbyTalk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!

NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.

Go Back   HobbyTalk > Radio Control Vehicles > RC Oval Racing > RC Dirt Oval Racing
Register Classifieds Help/TOS Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2008, 04:09 AM

My Photos

Exclamation Nitro TC3 latemodel conversion? what do i need???

I may not be that confused but i am getting there, i am a complete and utter newbie when it comes to the parts and rules aspect of R/C racing. I was around all of my younger life but was to young to understand anything. I am buying a RTR Nitro 4WD TC3 and would like to know all the conversion parts i will need, cause otherwise i dont know what i am doing. Well I know a little i guess, i just want to know what i am missing.
This is for the 4WD gas powered class at the Carolina RC Complex in Easley SC.
http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...42COM&CartID=1
thats the link to what comes in the RTR package i am going to be buying...
here is a list of what i have thought of.
-- 200mm conversion Rally kit (found one)
-- TC3 Dirt oval Foam Tires (have no clue)
-- rims... (clueless still)
-- dont know about the shocks, Shaft length, oil wt., or type to buy.....
-- not sure the steps to take to convert the tranny to one speed.
-- What LM body will work with the TC3? will i have to buy some different mounting brackets????
-- is there anything i will have to do with the servo box???? or am i even saying that right lol
-- Going to buy the RPM extended bumber to try and protect the a arms. have to buy the Foam Bumber as well, will these work together.....
-- 75cc fuel cell, what would be a good fuel cell for Dirt oval or does it matter????

and if someone could explain a little about the relationship between the Radio and the Servos?? I still havent stepped into that subject.

thanks you guys for helping, all will be GREATLY appreciated
love RC Cars and love Dirt, watched my dad back in the late 80's and Early 90's tear it up with a converted team associated 6 cell late model. those were the days. lol ill never forget the time i spray painted his 1/10th sprint car lime green cause i wanted to help while he was at work lol I was 4 and he was mad! lol
dang rambling on again

thanks guys

Cory
Old 02-12-2008, 07:14 AM

My Photos

It is very easy to do the DO with this car. A rally kit will help but is not necessary. The shop at Easley should have the tire/wheel you will need and they should be able to help you setting them up. Most DO guys will help you to get going. The best bodies are done by McAllister.com. He has some of the best DO bodies for these cars and they mount right on the factory mounts. If you need anymore info go to dirtoval.com. More info there than you can imagine.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:21 PM

My Photos

thanks man that helps a TON! i heard donnie carries the TC3 RTR at his shop so i am planning on buying it there this sunday and i am not sure if he carries any bodies so i might as well go on a head and order the mcallister body from ebay or his website??? not sure lol

thanks man

Cory
Old 02-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

They do not make a rally converision for the NTC3.
You need the single speed setup.
Green springs for starters.
Mcallister Late Model Body 200mm or the 210mm body they have at least 5 that will work. Don't forget the fence on the left hand side of the car.
30 for oil will be fine for starters.
Jaco pinks, Custom Works pinks or BSR pinks or silver work great!

We have been running this combo for 2 years on clay and it works great.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Duke do you know what this rally kit is? I just picked up a NTC3 and it has long axle's. Is that part of this kit? If so do you have a part number for the axles or the kit?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Keith,
The nitro kit has longer axles than the electric car if that is what you are comparing to.

To my knowledge the rally kit was for the electric TC3. It widened the car from 190mm to 200mm. My local hobby shop claims this conversion is discontinued. The kit included longer a-arms, longer dog bones and longer turn buckles.
I know of no widening kit for the NTC3. Now with that said, I have my own widening kit for my own car that I made.

Duke
Old 02-14-2008, 05:35 AM

My Photos

Well i found a one of the rally conversions at SouthEastRC.com, so it is still circulating out there, and i have heard speculations about it not being for the NTC3, so i concur and must go another way. And you said something about a cage on the right side? Basically and extention piece for the right side of the chassis? i think i have seen a couple.

With that in mind, would the standard width be fine for starters? If so thats great, and is that the green springs all the way around? i was thinking possibly 40wt in the front and 30wt oil in the back and maybe some short buggy shocks on the front end? but long then the original TC3's
Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

We run the std. length shocks, back the droop screws out for extra travel. Yes on the green for starters unless your track is rough, mine is very smooth, right Keith.

30 and or 40 wt is fine for startes as well. Side dam or fence 5"x 12" mounted on the left side, you will love it!

Duke
Old 02-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

If any of you guys are looking for NTC3 for dirt oval Have 2 for Sale roydallier@comcast.net Lmk

Last edited by Roy Dallier; 02-14-2008 at 12:22 PM..
Old 02-14-2008, 11:30 PM

My Photos

Oh ok the fence is the side dam i was kinda confused when you said fence now i understand lol... I was told 40wt in the front and 30wt in the back, sound good to you?
Old 02-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Bradshaw View Post
We run the std. length shocks, back the droop screws out for extra travel. Yes on the green for starters unless your track is rough, mine is very smooth, right Keith.

30 and or 40 wt is fine for startes as well. Side dam or fence 5"x 12" mounted on the left side, you will love it!

Duke
This track is absolutely unbelievable smooth. Indoor carpet tracks are ruffer than this track.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

That is a good starting point for shock oil. you might tweak it as you go depending on how rough your track is.
You will be surprised how for giving the car is to drive. Dirt oval Lates will ruin you!!!You'll see!

Duke
Old 07-20-2008, 09:21 AM

My Photos

bumpy setup for ntc3 lm

got a setup for a bumpy track?
thanks for any information
Old 07-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

If it is to bumpy for a NTC3 then the only thing you can do is go with a Off Road Buggy type car, like a B44, Losi makes one, Jconceps has a great buggy. I have a B44 roller and a McAllister Late Model body that will fit it for sale. LMK

Duke.
My cell is 231-750-1181.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:04 PM

My Photos

Thanks for the advice Duke
If Im unable to get the ntc3 to work, I may get in contact with ya to see if you still have the b44 dlm.
thanks again
Barry