Hobbyist Forums banner

PolarLights Forgotten Prisoner Posted

5K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  the Dabbler 
#1 ·
Just finished this up tonight betwen two other kits that are on my bench.I tried to get it as close as possible to box art,But will let you all be the Judge and let me know how it came out.

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Very nice! I've never seen a Prisoner model painted this way in real life. I wonder — and this is no criticism to those who opt for this painting treatment — if the model painted this way might look better in a photo that in reality. When you look at it in a photo (such as this one) it does looks very impressive, though.

Question: What did you paint the inside of the skull? From the photo, it looks like just plain black. Yes?

#10 ·
Frankie Boy said:
Very nice! I've never seen a Prisoner model painted this way in real life. I wonder — and this is no criticism to those who opt for this painting treatment — if the model painted this way might look better in a photo that in reality. When you look at it in a photo (such as this one) it does looks very impressive, though.

Question: What did you paint the inside of the skull? From the photo, it looks like just plain black. Yes?
Thanks Guys for the compliments on my Prisoner here and Frankie-boy the inside of the skull was wasnt painted black its the color of the styrene wich is grey.I guess the way the pics were taken kinda gave it that black hollow look to wich is great for me cause putting this guy together was some what a of task here :)

#11 ·
All of your models are so excellent, I have the highest praise and thank you for posting. Your ideas are often unique but always well done!!!

Im sure someone has asked you this before, but how do you continue to produce so many finished model kits? I love to build but maybe only build 10 a year! Even at that, Im out of display room. Wolfman, you are an Amazing Modeler!

#13 ·
aurora fan said:
All of your models are so excellent, I have the highest praise and thank you for posting. Your ideas are often unique but always well done!!!

Im sure someone has asked you this before, but how do you continue to produce so many finished model kits? I love to build but maybe only build 10 a year! Even at that, Im out of display room. Wolfman, you are an Amazing Modeler!
Thanks for the compliments.As for building so many kits,I have a rotating shift at work and that helps alot on building my kits and plus the weekends well basiaclly its build a kit weekend for me wich is fun :) .I been doing this for a long time and my skills at painting have gotten lot better over the past year thanks to (Buzzconroy) :) .He showed me alot on the do's and donts when painting up kits.

#24 ·
This is an AWESOME model!
Your paint job is outstanding. I wish I'd had it for reference when I did my halloween decorations this last year. I decided to scale up the forgotten prisoner from memory...used a 2 1/2 foot skeleton and some insulation foam. Check it out (2nd picture down) on www.pyxl8.com. Your interpretation would have made mine way better...maybe this year!

Nice work.

Pyxl

#25 ·
Pyxl said:
This is an AWESOME model!
Your paint job is outstanding. I wish I'd had it for reference when I did my halloween decorations this last year. I decided to scale up the forgotten prisoner from memory...used a 2 1/2 foot skeleton and some insulation foam. Check it out (2nd picture down) on www.pyxl8.com. Your interpretation would have made mine way better...maybe this year!

Nice work.

Pyxl
Thanks for the compliments and that life size Aurora Forgotten prisoner ya did for Halloween is Excellent looking! :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.