The company that changed everything about RC just changed everything again.
Welcome to your future.
On “Black Friday” (November 25, 2005) Nomadio announced
Version 2 of its popular Sensor digital R/C controller system.
Amazingly, this new version adds features and functions to every Sensor ever built – no hardware update or upgrade is necessary. That’s because the Sensor is software-based.
And, the new software is FREE to all registered Sensor owners.
No other R/C radio manufacturer has ever provided this type of upgrade to its customers.
Major Sensor 2 Features
New Ultra-Secure N-Max digital radio protocol
Using technology developed for the military, Nomadio has further increased the Sensor’s resistance to noise and glitches with N-Max, Nomadio’s R/C optimized version of frequency hopping. That means that unlike ANY other R/C radio, Sensor 2 is constantly hopping around in the 2.4 Ghz band, sending 32 redundant messages, 100 times per second.
Think about it .. would you rather have your expensive car’s life riding on just one channel, sent out in just one packet at a time, at a low frame rate, and with no error correction (like AM, FM and cheap DSS “bolt on” radios), or is your car worth the security of N-Max … commands get sent 100 times per second on random channels, with 32 copies at a time and sophisticated error detection to make sure every one gets through?
Nobody else has N-Max, the only secure digital radio system designed for R/C.
Seven times the output power
FCC regulations allow for much higher power when Digital Spread Spectrum radios are used in Frequency Hopping mode. This provides Sensor 2 with N-Max even more usable range, and far better noise resistance.
100 Hz Refresh rate
Sensor 2 is still the fastest radio on the market, with 10ms maximum latency, 5 ms typical. No analog FM or AM radio can touch Sensor 2’s high speed digital throughput.
Aftermarket DSS add-on’s are left in the dust.
40 Model Memories
Sensor 2 provides up to 40 model memories – more than anyone will ever need. But there is a great reason for all those memories. Sensor 2’s vast memory allows you to store numerous variations for each of your cars, something you could never do with an 8 model controller. For example, you can store a separate setup for your monster truck on a normal track, wet track, cold day, new tires, however many variations you want.
Fourth Servo Channel
Sensor 2 enables the fourth Servo channel on the Nomadio transceiver. This servo can be used for a variety of functions, and it is programmed exactly the same as the third servo channel. When was the last time an R/C radio company added a servo channel to their product after you owned it? Never!
This pro Numerous Additional Features
· New graphical vibration editor
· Improved sound setup editor
· Ability to import and export sound files to share audio themes with other users
· On start, Digital R/C Desktop now opens last file used
· Received settings are automatically saved to a file with your Sensor serial number
· Keyboard accelerators added for major commands
· Receiver settings are backed up and restored on software updates
· Look and feel improvements everywhere
· Faster radio connection times
· More reliable radio links: much less vulnerable to noise and interference
· Longer range in many situations
· Real time graphical link quality meter show N-Max in action
· Support for the new Version 2 receivers
· Support for dual head temperature sensor
· Improved event/telemetry handling
· Temperature alerts with separate alert levels on each temperature sensor
· “Alert over” events are now supported
· High and low values for each sensor are now displayed on the drive screen
· Consistent delay before alerts
· Hysteresis to prevent false alerts
· New 100 page User’s Manual
This If you already own a Nomadio Sensor ..
Congratulations on your wise purchase. For the first time in the R/C hobby, your radio controller just got a lot better AFTER YOU BOUGHT IT. And Nomadio is going to keep making it better for a long time.
If you are registered with Nomadio, your Digital RC Desktop software will offer to download it for you. If you have not registered your Sensor yet, now is the time! Simply run your Digital R/C Desktop software and follow the instructions.
We encourage you to visit our web sites to see the type of support Nomadio provides to its customers. You can access our main web site by clicking here. www.nomadio.com
This site has a huge amount of information and photos of the Sensor and its accessories. We’re also very proud of our support website which you can see by clicking here. Unlike other R/C radio companies, Nomadio actually encourages our engineers to participate on the forums, answering questions and fielding ideas to improve the Sensor from you.
If you are thinking about buying a Sensor from your local hobby store, but wonder how you will get the Sensor 2 software, don’t worry – it’s automatic. The first time you run your Digital RC Desktop software, it will “phone home” on the Internet and find out about the new version. It will then ask you if you want to upgrade. How’s that for customer service?
And Don’t Forget ..
The Sensor still has all the great features that made it the breakthrough R/C product of 2005
· Integrated telemetry
· “Heads up” competition driving system with vibrator and sound alerts
· Unprecedented 3 year limited warranty
· Full graphic screen with backlight
· “Best of breed” ergonomics
· Longest battery life
· Online support from users and factory engineers
This Just for fun, a list of things that Sensor 2 obsoletes..
Nomadio’s Sensor integrates a lot of electronics and software to provide the best R/C driving machine in existence. It also makes a lot of other companies’ products obsolete, which is another reason why we chose to announce version 2 on Black Friday.
Our unfortunate competitors will remember this Black Friday as the day Nomadio took R/C to a whole new level.
Here’s a list of R/C accessories you’ll never need to buy when you have a Sensor.
· Temperature Gun - $99
· Frequency Crystals - $12 each
· Failsafe Unit - $25
· Add-On Wireless Telemetry - $199
· Bolt On DSS Radio Upgrade - $179
· 75 Mhz Channel Monitor - $59
· Replacement steering parts and bodies from runaways $???
Nomadio is changing everything about R/C. Believe it.