Hobbyist Forums banner

PROLEVEL RC @ St. Louis

11K views 52 replies 15 participants last post by  MK Race 
#1 ·
Looks like we will be trying to get the oval thing going a little early this year. The track has been racing only on-road during the summer but Bob, Dennis, and I are going to try to get the dirt oval oval guys to try the carpet this winter.

I think we're looking at having some weekend races starting in mid to late September.

So if you guys want to get some early practice for the BRL season come on by.

What day would you guys like to race on? Saturday or Sunday?

Mike Kelm

#7 ·
Hey Klem we'll make a trip or 2 down always good to see you and your Williams. If I come can I bring my Williams? Might even talk the comic relief (Jeff) into coming. Sat. probably works better for us, drive up early race late spend the night and drive home.

#9 ·
I talked to Drew the other night about oval for this season.

Saturday night oval racing.

Looks like on-road will start racing at 11:30am and should be finished up around 3pm. Change the track around for oval and practice will start around 3:30.

So get those cars out and get ready for the first BRL race of the season.

#11 ·
Saturday racing starts September 8th.

Classes:

17.5 BRL truck.

17.5 open.

Maybe 13.5 if enough show up.

We are going to put together a class for the locals to run. It will be the 17.5 truck rules except you can run a MacAllister Nationwide body instead of the truck body.

#15 ·
You guys going to try and run a spec class Mike? I would like to make a trip down before October.

I could tag onto the 17.5 open class too. Pretty much the same speed.
We probably won't have a 13.5 spec class locally, but would hope to think guys would be coming to practice for the BRL race with their spec cars. We could put you with the 17.5 open cars too. Not a problem, just like to have fun racing.

#29 ·
Hi Cory. No the track doesn't have a website yet. The runline is still to be determined. The carpet is 32x90. We had a two day race last year and the 1st day we ran full length 70 foot from edge of ice to ice and an 8 foot infield. Lots of speed. Second day we shortened it by about 30 feet. We will probably decide next weekend.

Mike.

#39 · (Edited)
He has a new traction sauce from Paul Lemieux called LGC, Liquid Gravity Carpet. We have been testing it and it works very good. He will have a BRL special for the LGC.

Jack the Gripper will be allowed too, he just doesn't know how much of that he will have in the shop.

Track length will be 58 feet from apex to apex and 32 wide with a 8 foot infield. I'll try to get somebody to roll it this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.