Hobbyist Forums banner

Ultra Micro Radian RC Glider

2K views 6 replies 1 participant last post by  GBLynden 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

I finally got to put together an unboxing, maiden flight, and flight review video for the UMX Radian RC sailplane. I hope those of you that have not purchased this plane yet will benefit from this:

Here are my Unboxing, Maiden and Review Notes:

Cons:
- Fragile
- Not easily transportable like previous UMX planes
- Brushed motor

Pros
- Handles stiff and swirling winds pretty well
- Good slow speed handling
- Performs loops well
- Good flight times
- Fun

#3 ·
I took it up pretty high again the other day and here is the video I made with it. It shows some wider angle shots to show just how high it it. The height estimates are really just guesses in the last two videos since I didn't have someone flying with an altimeter close by for reference:

#4 ·
This video below centers around me nearly losing my new Ultra Micro Radian RC plane last night on a bright and sunny evening. While it was missing from my sight for what seemed like forever, in that helpless span of time I decided I needed to ensure this wasn't going to happen again with my next plane since this one was likely gone forever.

Thankfully, I was able to regain sight with it after spinning circles for a bit. What you will find in this video are a few ideas I applied literally to the surfaces of this RC Plane.

PV: I know some of you have tons more experience doing this than me, so if this is child's play compared to what you do, please feel free to share your expertise :)

#5 ·
This is the highest I have taken my UMX Radian on video (I am guessing at least 500 plus feet) and I decided to keep the video shown below pretty raw. It includes some pretty funny parts that show the interaction between my camera woman and myself:

#6 ·
This is the first "Flight and glide" video I have made post-crash with my Ultra Micro Radian onto my neighbor's roof. The cause is unknown, but after I crashed my UMX Pitts, on video the cause seemed similar. I put fresh batteries in my DX6i and I haven't had a problem since with any of my planes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.