Hobbyist Forums banner

Novak Electronics

512K views 4K replies 454 participants last post by  66796 
#1 · (Edited)
A big thanks to Charlie with Novak for making the Paved Oval Nats.. It is nice to see that kind of support for Oval racing ...He was there to help whoever needed it ...Thanks Jeff Helms

#4 ·
Yep, it was nice to have some support there at the track. I had Charlie check a motor for me, and found that some of the windings had shorted (due to my stupidity, LOL!) and he swapped it out for me right there! Novak has by far the best customer support out there!

Thanks again Charlie!

#8 ·
Guys, I didnt have to be at the race to know how good Novak can be. I have raced now for 16+yrs and there has never been another brand of ESC or Rec in any car I have ever owned. Over 30 wins and a National Championship cant lie to me. Greatest electronics in the World in my book. Keep up the great product, and thanks Charlie.
Kevin

#20 ·
XBR with 13.5 problem

I recently purchased an XBR/13.5 system to run at the Steel Hobbies brushless Nationals race. Ran fine in practice with the Lipo but was to fast for me. Disabled the Lipo cutoff (rechecked twice) and have tried three different races to run carpet 4 cell oval pancar with nothing but problems. About 2 minutes into a run the car starts glitching on the back stretch and shuts off once or twice coming out of turn 2, again only after 2 minutes or so. Changed recievers (futaba and XXL) and radios (futaba 3PKs which I used for other vehicles at the same races with no issues). Finally replaced the XBR with one of my SS+ speedos and had no problems through 3 heats and a main yesterday. Motor came off the track at 165 F. Anything I should look for or try before returning for repair?

#23 ·
7734otdortoh said:
I recently purchased an XBR/13.5 system to run at the Steel Hobbies brushless Nationals race. Ran fine in practice with the Lipo but was to fast for me. Disabled the Lipo cutoff (rechecked twice) and have tried three different races to run carpet 4 cell oval pancar with nothing but problems. About 2 minutes into a run the car starts glitching on the back stretch and shuts off once or twice coming out of turn 2, again only after 2 minutes or so. Changed recievers (futaba and XXL) and radios (futaba 3PKs which I used for other vehicles at the same races with no issues). Finally replaced the XBR with one of my SS+ speedos and had no problems through 3 heats and a main yesterday. Motor came off the track at 165 F. Anything I should look for or try before returning for repair?
IS THERE A POSSIBILITY IT THERMALED WITH THE XBR? 165 IS FAIRLY WARM...

#26 ·
XBR with 13.5 problem

I've checked that the lipo cutoff is off twice. The car cuts out coming out of turn two onto the front stretch as well as the glitching half way down the back stretch. It has no throttle or steering and coasts almost half way down the front stretch before recovering when it cuts out. It only happens once or twice a race and I usually finished the race. The car was also much more sensitive to erratic behavior when I put the antenna down, as if the receiver is not receiving sufficient voltage. Any other ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.