Hobbyist Forums banner

Orginal Z28

1K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Wyatt 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Cars like that are out there, and they usually have great stories behind them like this one does. I'd like to know how in the heck the guy could afford a brand-new Z/28 at 16! By the time I was 16 in 1979, I'd been washing cars and mowing lawns for 5 or 6 years and working as a stockboy at a local 5&10 (remember those?) for 2 years. There's no possible way I could have afforded a new car, let alone a well-equipped Camaro Z/28! Hell, I couldn't have afforded a well-maintained 10 year old Z/28 either, although I did come close to pulling the trigger on a rusty base-model '69 Camaro with a 307/Powerglide combo in 1981 for $800. Light green with a dark green interior and vinyl top.

#10 ·
A fine looking "Z".......
I wish I could have known then, what I know now.
So many 69 Camaros I bought for peanuts.
I fixed up so many in the early 70's.
It seemed like they grew on trees. Of the dozen or two 69's I owned, I remember at least a half dozen were Z-28, SS, SS/RS, I even bought a dull brown 427 COPO for less than a grand. I never ever thought they would be so valuable and desirable........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.