Medina rc raceway 2012

331K views 4K replies 125 participants last post by  maddog9 
#1 ·
ok guys the website, WWW.MEDINARCRACEWAY.COM
has an updated calendar
and will be updated with more info in the coming days

Josh Howell and John Donahue have taken over the track maintenance duties
they have some great ideas for Medina this year

I, BIG STEVE, will still be the race director for Medina and for a few other tracks and racing series this year all over the state, but Medina is my home track, and always will be!!

for a full schedule of Big Steve's Race Day Production dates goto
www.bsrdp.com

if anyone has any questions or comments
pm me
call me 440 567 8154
email steve@bsrdp.com

thank you

BIG STEVE

See less See more
#1,388 ·
My boy and I went out to track today, not to bad still a little damp at 11.00. Ended up breaking a cvs on my blitz though, oh well . My boy is getting much better, someday we can install a brushless...we plan on racing next week, let's all be nice on here, we allknow who the best guys are, some still learning.

#1,389 ·
bd thats like the pot calling the kettle black. you were the one talking up your lightweight scte. i understand what your saying about the springs. but if your guess of 4.5 oz is true than it makes no difference. i may have weighed it with the body on originally but its to late too know now.

anyways my parents are giving me some money for my graduation and i was wondering what i should get. i could get a pro4 but i dont know why i would because i like my current motor. or an rx8 but the same thing as with the motor i am fine with my esc. maybe the tlr tuning kit? or a better servo. what are your opinions.

#1,391 ·
Light weight used to be important, so yes, I talked about it. You are caught in the past, reading old threads and posts. The pro4 and tenshock sc411 just came out not too long ago, those were the big game changers. 6 months from now it will be something else, the hobby moves fast. The guess on weight is not a guess, the weights on what you can save are posted on the first post of the SCTE thread on rctech. Guess who provided that info there. There's over 1000 posts of info there. Go read it. It will be right up your alley, as every question that can possibly be asked about it has been answered 10 times over again, because people feel the need to ask again instead of taking the time to read. :freak: As you'll see, the people that pioneered that info have stopped posting, the SCTE is old news, everything that can be done to it has been done, and the info is all right there for you.

#1,392 ·
Rules & Info

General Info

• Races are held on Saturdays, no practice is available on Friday.
  • Race day schedule: Practice from 8am to 11:30am, 11:30am drivers meeting, racing starts at Noon till approx. 8pm. If there are more than 12 heats the race format may have to be modified to finish the racing before dark. This will be discussed in the drivers meeting if necessary.
  • There will be a new or revised 1/10 friendly layout provide by each host track.
  • Entry Fee is $20 for your first and $15 for each additional.
  • Kids 16yrs and under accompanied by a paid parent race for $10.
  • Signups the morning of the race, sign ups close at 11:00am.
  • Rain out make up day is the next day (Sunday).
  • Absolutely NO drugs or alcohol will be permitted at any event.
  • Poor sportsmanship or general bad behavior will result in the forfeiture of series points and possible expulsion from the series. We are here to have fun people! : )
  • All decisions by the series director are final.
  • Series standings will be posted at least one week before the next race on the schedule.
Classes

• Open 2wd Buggy
  • Open 2wd Truck
  • Stock 2wd SCT (17.5 or RTR))
  • Pro2 (NO 1/8 buggy wheel/tire conversions or cut tires)
  • Pro4 (NO 1/8 buggy wheel/tire conversions or cut tires)
  • 1/8 E-Buggy
  • 1/8 E-Truggy

#1,395 ·
Actually BD's last post is probably about the best piece of advice you can get and doesn't cost a thing.

Since it sounds like your young, maybe you should actually try saving some money as well and wait and see what might be needed down the road.
A new motor will not make you any faster or put you in the "A" and same with the a new ESC.

Just get out and Practice, Practice, Practice.... :thumbsup: and get as much track time or race time as possible.

#1,396 ·
I agree with everything BD and Chris just said. I have been doing this 10 months now and I finally out-qualified one of the fast guys whom I have been following around the track all winter. He has been helping me the whole time and it is working. There is only one reason this happened - practice. 500 laps a week minimum is what it took me. I have no real talent so practice is the key! I have yet to win an A-main but it is a blast at least keeping up with or being on the same lap (means more on shorter indoor courses) as several of the faster guys. And NONE of them have an issue sharing what they are using and how to get around the track faster. I am still amazed how humble and helpful everyone is. I need to do more of what they said - different tracks. K&B was a blast and is very different (huge) from Medina. Found our how far a DX3R actually transmits! Sucks that I am going to miss it next weekend. I want to check out Uniontown for the same reason - variety!

#1,400 ·
ok i need help. my esc sometimes cuts out randomly. so i was wondering if my motor was drawing to much and activating the lvc (3.2v). i comes back after a while of driving around at like 30 percent power though. and my esc is not thermalling either.

also anyone running the hobbywing stuff what software are you running. I have ran mod v3 and v1 but was thinking of going to no timing.

#1,404 ·
Have been trying to. Medina will run anything that can make a class. 2 of us have losi 5ives, if you'd like to come run, bring yours out and make sure we can make it that weekend by posting on here and we'll run. The track is in a park, so you can take yours there and run on off days whenever you like for free.

#1,405 ·
blackdragon this may contradict what you said about saving my money but i feel i will be making a good decision.

so im planning on ordering the viper copperhead 4500kv system. my reasoning for this is my dad (like me) likes speed. since his car s right now only brushed. anyways i figure that i can use the motor and esc that work the best for me in my truck. most likely i will use the copperhead because the motor is a 4pole and the esc is 150a. but for some reason if my current settup works better than i will give the copperhead to my dad. that way either way he can have a way over powered car.

#1,406 ·
Only downfall to the copperhead system is it's not sensored. The 5150 copperhead is the faster option. They rate their kv a little different, like all the companies, so their 5150 is about the same as Tekins 4600 and take about the same gearing.

Non sensored is fine, but they do lack consistency at low speed finesse and braking at all speeds.

#1,408 ·
Hmmm interesting.... the money must be burning a hole in your pocket... lol

After a couple post of people suggesting to get more practice and track time to get better and help with skills. I don't see how having an over powered truck helps become a better driver.

This should be interesting to see how this goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.