Hobbyist Forums banner

Bay City X-treme Carpet Raceway (2015-2016)

101K views 1K replies 46 participants last post by  BigStu 
#1 ·
OK time to retire the Cellar Thread with a tear in my eye I bid it a fond farewell but a new begining

#6 ·
Thank you everyone that has been able to help Pat and I get this going.
We really can't thank you enough.
So, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you....

For more info and updates on the track you can find us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/X-treme-Carpet-Raceway/579834262068299

In the near future we'll have more details on hours, classes, etc.

Right now here is the tentative plan.

All rules will be officially published in the near future, so take the following as a guideline, guaranteed to change.

Wednesday from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM - Practice
Saturday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (At the end of racing, the track will be open for practice till closing time)
Sunday - To Be Determined

Going to alternate between oval, road course, and off-road as demand dictates.
The classes we are considering currently are:

Oval Classes

17.5 Truck - TOUR Rules
13.5 Spec - TOUR Rules
XCR - 17.5 Turnigy Motors
Michigan Spec - 17.5
Legends
EDM-Mud Boss Slash -
Any other classes that have at least 3 entries

Road Course

VTA
1/12
Touring Car 4wd
Legends????
Any other classes that we have at least 3 entries.

Off-Road

17.5 Buggy 2wd
17.5 Short Course 2wd
Mini-Buggies
And any other classes that we have at least 3 entries.

EXCEPTIONS - NO, I repeat NO 1/8 scale buggies. No 4wd Buggies. No 4wd Short course Trucks or Converted 4wd 1/8 scale buggies.

Until we get some track time and see how it works out, we are going to limit our classes to 17.5 motors and 2s LiPo batteries, blinky speedos.

If the track layout allows us to SAFELY run 13.5 motors or mod/open timing speedos we may expand the buggy and short course classes, as well as to 4wd buggy and 4wd short course.

Again, thank you all VERY much for the help and we can't wait to get the track open and start turning laps.

#7 ·
EXCEPTIONS - NO, I repeat NO 1/8 scale buggies. No 4wd Buggies. No 4wd Short course Trucks or Converted 4wd 1/8 scale buggies.

Until we get some track time and see how it works out, we are going to limit our classes to 17.5 motors and 2s LiPo batteries, blinky speedos.

If the track layout allows us to SAFELY run 13.5 motors or mod/open timing speedos we may expand the buggy and short course classes, as well as to 4wd buggy and 4wd short course.

Again, thank you all VERY much for the help and we can't wait to get the track open and start turning laps.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, if I saw this 2 hrs sooner prolly wouldn't have bought foam tires for my sct410

#10 ·

Again, thank you all VERY much for the help and we can't wait to get the track open and start turning laps.

Awesome, if I saw this 2 hrs sooner prolly wouldn't have bought foam tires for my sct410[/QUOTE]I've seen what 4X4's can do to carpet and it ain't pretty. They tear the carpet real bad especially where the jumps are.

#18 ·
Thanks Big Al. Ray Clark Ray Musser Mel the carpet layer Letts We also started on some of the boards and got a bug Screen hung up it's coming along if I don't have to work this weekend I plane on getting more done will keep everyone posted if all goes well one more good wens night or even Tuesday night we could have this thing going our way we will need to start building jumps for off road after the basic track is done. WE ARE NOT GOING TO RUSH IT we want t done right and are taking care in doing this.

#23 ·
you guys might want to get in touch with the MBM podcast guys not sure if anyone on here are listeners of the show but they mainly run indoor off-road carpet with the sault rc club and kc hobbies I'm sure they would be happy to give out pointers or possibly even have you guys on the show to promote the track...

http://mbmpodcast.podbean.com/
might want to listen to episode 10, they had Rick seffrood on owner of gone banana racing skinz off-road foams talked a little about track conditions and foam vs rubber

#33 ·
Might go and do some more tonight having the projector up made a big difference kind of made it feel like a BIG cellar

#36 ·
I would think a good showing tonight we could practice next week got most of rails up loop hooked up Stu Kevin and I have been tring

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.