Hobbyist Forums banner

Shrock Brothers models (for you lummox)

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  STUTZ 
#1 ·
Got your message Dave. :wave:

Funny lummox, but the Shrock Maple Syrup Event is this Saturday. My wife and I went with a diecast buddy and his wife last year. I know two Hobby Talk members that were at the CARnival told me they will also be attending.

Below are some pictures that I took at the Shrock Brothers Maple Syrup Event last year.

The Shrock body shop.

Some 1:1 cars in one of the buildings.

See less See more
#9 ·
Comparison with a JL '49 Merc.

Comparison with a Corgi WWII Spitfire.

My pictures don't do the Shrock Brothers models justice. You really have to hold one in your hand to appreciate the craftsmanship.

Sure, I could buy a lot of Johnny Lightning, Greenlight, M2, etc. for the cost of one Shrock model, but the "Quantity of your diecast collection isn't as important as the quality of your diecast collection".

Hope some enjoyed the pictures.

I'll see those two Hobby Talk members this Saturday. :wave:

#15 ·
This is the only Shrock Brothers Studebaker model that I bought on Saturday.

Comparison with a Hot Wheeels Ferrari 250 GTO.

This is the Shrock Brothers model that I would like to have in my collection.

Tom Shock wsa giving rides in this. :hat:

#20 ·
Shrock Brothers

Ray
The pix are good! Good to see you there and enjoyed talking about model cars.
Shrock Brothers trade as an auto body shop ; although most if not all their business is now parts reproduction and model toy production. The cars ( only Studes and Packards with later Stude bodies are made. Anyone thinking about getting any models should act now, as the available stock of existing models is dwindling rapidly. Dave , the younger brother is the designer and diemaker. He just turned 72 and because of age and a severe recent illness to his wife, who did the finite finishing paint touches, Dave has indicated that he is not planning to make anymore cars this winter except for his own collection. Thus, unless things change , I predict Shrock products will cease to exist in the future. That is, unless Dave can talk his young Grandsons into taking over this part of the family business (?) But the work is hard and requires long hours and the pewter metal is now increasing in price . This is why I just paid $95 for a 57 Packard Clipper 4 Dr Sdn which still requires assembly! But the cost is work every penny for these basically handbuilt models. It will be a shame to see this source disappear, but age which we all experience hits us all!

#21 ·
Ray
The pix are good! Good to see you there and enjoyed talking about model cars.
Shrock Brothers trade as an auto body shop ; although most if not all their business is now parts reproduction and model toy production. The cars ( only Studes and Packards with later Stude bodies are made. Anyone thinking about getting any models should act now, as the available stock of existing models is dwindling rapidly. Dave , the younger brother is the designer and diemaker. He just turned 72 and because of age and a severe recent illness to his wife, who did the finite finishing paint touches, Dave has indicated that he is not planning to make anymore cars this winter except for his own collection. Thus, unless things change , I predict Shrock products will cease to exist in the future. That is, unless Dave can talk his young Grandsons into taking over this part of the family business (?) But the work is hard and requires long hours and the pewter metal is now increasing in price . This is why I just paid $95 for a 57 Packard Clipper 4 Dr Sdn which still requires assembly! But the cost is work every penny for these basically handbuilt models. It will be a shame to see this source disappear, but age which we all experience hits us all!

It was nice talking to you again Dave. :wave: I was hoping I could come home with a Brushfire truck. I asked Dave to make me one last year, and also called him a few months ago asking for one to be made. He said several other people are asking for them. I hope he can make several of them soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.