Hobbyist Forums banner

1/6 Scale Lost In Space Robot

47K views 417 replies 74 participants last post by  liskorea317 
#1 · (Edited)
Seaview suggested it, so I'll take up the task. Now before a few of you turn this into a wish list for kits we'd like to see Moebius make, let's stick to the question at hand which is: How many folks would like to see a large scale B-9 robot model, what features and why? Don't bug Frank and Dave, let's keep 'em busy making our childhood dreams come true. After all they've got enough ideas to happily keep us scratching up coin from our couch cushions to buy the best models ever made.

#262 ·
And 3 of a larger scale version of a certain orange suborbital craft that sports a duck-egg blue stripe, dome and fin.
Frank told me, in person at Monsterpalooza 2010, that the big Spindrift was too expensive to make a profit on, but he would sure like to. He said he likes that weird ship a whole lot and has always wanted to build a good accurate one for himself-even before Moebius existed.

Now that was a few years ago. Perhaps things have changed. But if one gets produced someday, I'll just consider it "gravy" to an already amazing line up of super accurate, mind-blowing kits that Moebius has produced. And I can quietly wait for that B-9, nice and content!

LONG LIVE MOEBIUS!!

#263 ·
The size of the Robot would probably be related to the size of mold,or molds needed to make the B-9 Robot.After a certain size of mold,or number of molds needed,since there is a price factor involved,will probably influence Moebius' decision.How much can you fit in that mold.There is not only the size,per say,but also the number of parts,if you want the kit to be accurate and well detailed.And obviously,the popularity and price the modelers are willing to pay.Moebius could issue a 1/4 scale Robot,but would it cost as much as the big Seaview.I certainly hope the electronics will be included.Like multiple flikering lights in abdomen and brain parts,as well as a synchronized sound activated chest light.I remember adding a sound activated piece to the old 1/5th scale vinyl Robot from Masudaya,I believe,and the chest light was synchronized with the voice recording.It worked quite well.:rolleyes:

#265 · (Edited)
I remember adding a sound activated piece to the old 1/5th scale vinyl Robot from Masudaya,I believe,and the chest light was synchronized with the voice recording.It worked quite well.:rolleyes:
Sounds like you made a nice model xsavoie:thumbsup:. I'm sure Moebius will have plenty of clear parts for lighting so I'm pretty pumped about this one, even though its quite a ways off.:)

#271 ·
Which, of course, is absolutely impossible since those are multiple different licenses. There's a reason Moebius is doing Lost in Space and Polar Lights is doing Forbidden Planet. And a license from Lucas for C3PO and R2? I can't guess who owns Tobor these days.

I'll be thrilled with a case lot of B-9s and I won't wait around hoping that Frank wins the Power Ball so that he can buy all those other licenses.

#273 ·
You would certainly have to build more than one. My first would be a season 1 version. I would hope there are two leg choices in the kit (if that's not asking for too much!). That would be the major difference. The only other thing would be the spinners that were sort of clear and not yellow and red like they were in the 2nd and 3rd seasons. This kit and LIS on Blu-Ray would complete my bucket list!

#276 ·
The Leg choice would be the only difference I think to seperate the season 1 Robot. hopefully Moebius would put BOTH leg versions in the kit like they did with the Big Seaviews window frames. If & When Moebius decides on a NEW B-9 I hope it is much larger than the PL version. I would have to get 2 because you just have to have a season 1 & season 3. IF there are plans on a B-9, when do you think Moebius would make an announcement ? a year before or sooner ?

#291 ·
I saw on the DVDs where the sea monster that looked like the creature from the black lagoon did a swimming scene on voyage, walked over to the LIS set and did his scenes for LIS without having to wait. he filmed both shows wearing the same costume. Bill Mumy said that on the DVD.

#296 ·
Well, I didn't go the "teddy bear" route because I never had a Remco (although I always wanted one). The most I did was have my Aurora Robot on my desk at home while doing my homework and wishing "he" could answer all the math problems for me.

#308 ·
I got mine on e-bay pretty cheap. As I said, I wasn't looking for a mint one so I waited for one that needed some TLC. It was very dusty, one of the claws was broken, no battery bar or steering lever and the tread stickers were gone and replaced with an undersized Xerox. I scrubbed it with a tooth brush several times, I glued the claw back together and I recreated the tread sticker art to match the original and now he looks great on the shelf. He worked when I got him, but I think the battery connections need to be cleand for him to work again. He is the blue body with red arms and legs, like on the box and I couldn't be happier with him....a "Rescue Robot"!!

#312 ·
Since it was a toy that was used off the shelf, it would almost be impossible to tell the difference from one painted silver and black in 1967 or one painted in 2011. If you could find one of the few with motors to turn the body or the ones with moving arms, it might be easier, but it could still be a fake. Like I said, I am just happy to have one because it is a childhood memory that makes me feel good, something too many people lose and it makes them cranky! ;)

#310 ·
I saw a photo of an original one in a case somewhere (possibly in the Seattle Sci Fi Museum) so I guess there's at least one. I had one when I was 11 years old and thought it was crap even then! $12.00 at a local department store. It was introduced to a package of firecrackers about a year later and is now part of the junkyard in space. Had I known the future value of it I would have preserved it! Oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.