Hobbyist Forums banner

New Scores

129K views 907 replies 73 participants last post by  Milton Fox Racing 
#1 ·
I bought these online- very rare for me to do but they only had 35 miles to travel to me.......all 4 for $60 shipped, with 3 cars mint (Lotus has light playwear) and minor damage to 3 boxes(price sticker removed from LandRover, loose endflap on Marzal which doesnt matter because I already have this box and a couple of nicks on Lotus box)
Now to compare the paint shades :wave:

See less See more
#3 ·

My new Lotus (at the back nose to nose with an Iso in the same shade) is the most common medium blue shade which is very easy to find on regular wheels and thin SF wheels Iso Grifos.
These cars were all painted silver and then coated with a blue tinted clear laquer -coat thickness accounts for the medium and dark shades but perhaps not the light shade .....
In front are the lightest blue (htf on Isos & Lotuses) compared to the darkest blue (common -this car has been with me since I was 14) - I look forward to adding the new Mattel Superfast blue Europa to this lineup:wave:

#5 ·
The fine weather and the May day holiday brought out perhaps more diecast than I will see in one weekend over here,although there was little that interested me.........so I added these to the 4 boxed cars shown above....

I dont collect the tiny scale 1950s Lesneys but at $2 each I couldnt resist this trio........The doorless Pontiac is the less common orange shade and I do have a beater to donate doors..........

#7 ·
Its not easy for me to choose a favourite post-transitional - off the top of my head the gold 69 Rolls ,the wine coloured 12 Setra and the white 68 Porsche 910 are my greatest favourites..........
The 1/43 Le mans car is a Ferrari Dino 206 - the very first big Corgi casting to be fitted with Speedwheels at the end of 1969 - thin axles combined with the red nylon bush with diecast hubs and standard rubber tyres -great wheels! This car has lost both its front and rear deck spoilers although the paint is still decent - also made in red with both colours initially sent out to stores together.The Muira is also a Corgi,sitting rather high off the table because the baseplate was designed for golden jacks take-off wheels although when produced only these standard Whizzwheels were fitted - also issued in red at the same time, this Corgi isnt as nice as the Politoys version which sits just right!
The 1/66 tan car is a Schuco 1975 Audi 100 sedan in very nice shape.
Oddly enough this lime Group 6 is a big obvious easy to fill gap in my collection - having owned the dark metallic green version since childhood I have never until this weekend had the lime one - at 25 cents,the cheapest we ever see here and thats only a couple of times per year,it was a very good buy and there are still a few other easy to find Lesneys from my childhood period that I dont own yet like the 65 Harvester and 68 Hatra and wont until a near mint example shows up for chicken feed:wave:
What a great week of diecast blessings and now I dont expect to add anything much before mid September when toyfairs start again..........

#10 ·
Very nice scores.:thumbsup: The 46 gold Mercedes from the first picture is a solid model.

The 22 Pontiac looks is good shape, just lost a door along the way. Don’t you have a blistered model without a door ? Maybe not a Pontiac.

At $2 I would defiantly pick up the early castings. I still have a few of the early models in rough shape.

You do have good overall knowledge of many diecast brands:)

#13 ·
This morning there were some fundraising for school trips flea markets here and I managed to visit 2 before the rains came.Here is what I bought today for my $30 well spent (includes a cast iron egg poacher for the wife!)
For the boxed 1982 Lesneys, I paid less than the original store sticker price which shows how diecast prices have fallen since 1982,still costing the same in numerical terms even if money generally has less than half of the purchasing power.....

#19 ·
There was a lot of beater boxes out on the streets this weekend here, and some well loved gems have been dusted off for my collection or spare parts.
The prize is the Players please Routemaster in decent shape for $8, the only item here that cost more than pennies.
I never expected to find a genuine red SF 67 VW1600TL so this very well loved example is most welcome, and the first issue metallic blue icecream van is a gap filled in my collection even if the decals are a bit worn.The HongKong made Fiat X 1/9 with rubber tyres and the legend MADE IN HONGKONG is unbranded although its genuine 1980 Hong Kong registration plate is cast into the baseplate for reasons unknown.....

#22 ·
Its a spanish sleeve original release of ´Hit me with your rythm stick´ not scratched for a mere 80 cents. I was lucky enough to see Ian Dury live only a couple of months before he died playing at our Roskilde festival on the same stage a little earlier than a very aged Debbie Harry
This orange SF VW is the only one I have ever seen in the metal and now completes my lineup of 3 shades of purple-grape, 2 shades of pink (narrow & wide wheels) plus both types of regular wheel so all I dont have from the standard issues are the wide arches car with skinny SF wheels - this is one of my favourite Lesneys as I had a grape example and a wide wheels pink one new as a child, and I well remember that the store called Fitzpatricks had both pink ww and grape skinny wheeled examples for me to choose from, but already having a grape car I chose the pink rather than anything else that they had in 1-75.Oddly enough I have zero childhood memories of purple 22 Pontiacs or red Berlinettas or yellow Setras but I did notice solid lime 53 Zodiacs and the change from opening doors to cast shut doors on the gold SF 46 Mercedes 300, both of which are less numerous today than Pontiacs and Berlinettas

#23 ·

Another weekend of city residents putting out beater boxes on their street tables - afew rarities including the Jones code 4 no 3 Bedford tipper with 11x24 gray plastic wheels and the shell of a Majorette Peugeot 204 convertible. Both regular wheels Greyhounds came from the same woman, in amongst her 8 vintage diecast were these 2 two different variations(sticker v decal) and the blue Mercedes 230SL paired with a Lesney 27 230SL which I left behind.
Average cost was 80 cents each for this weeks selection
Luckily for me, the 2 rw greyhounds complete the label,wheel and window variations of this casting, all I miss and am not bothered with are the baseplate colours other than black

And a closeup of this well loved rough diamond :wave:

#28 ·
This box full of toys cost me $60 today -its the first time that I have been able to buy a whole box complete with cherries:)
The cars date from 2 eras, 1969-1971 and 1977-80, they came from a house clearance and may in fact have belonged to 2 brothers.A few interesting Lesneys, the only rare one being a blue VW with small size solid wheels (as found on Cortina GT & Opel Diplomat) ,the rain channel line above the back window and a distinct dip/shadow where the raised gas filler has been ground off the tool before it was professionally leveled.More comments on the 1743 stuff on the 1/43 forum

Note the Spanish copies of the 39 & 40 along with the Scammel tractor unit

and the box after most of the gems have been removed for cleaning - the not too beat up DAF car transporter is the very 1st Superfast issue having an unpainted baseplate and DAF sticker carried over from the last regular wheels issue

#29 · (Edited)
Interesting mix fer shur - some of which probably never made it to the U.S.of A.
Good score on the blue bus - are you missing many transitionals Mick? You must have most by now, huh?
I'm only about half way there. :cry:

As always, thanks for sharing you good fortune with us, this has become a really great thread - always fun to see what you 4eners find! :)

#30 ·
I do feel very blessed today, no doubts this is a strong contender for 2nd best find in o9 for me behind the reverse colour wrecker.
I have all the transitional castings but miss some of the colours - I still need thin SF wheels on brown 25 Cortina,white 8 Mustang, blue 46 Merecedes,blue 12 landrover,33 yellow Muira ,32 Aral and, 22 red pontiac & purple with opening doors + the regular wheels colours on the SF 58 girder truck,44 Refridgerator,53 Zodiac,64 MG1100 plus the hot pink and the salmon 56 BMC1800 to complete my collection. Plus almost 40 G boxes, so i have a lot of treasures still to track down for my Lesney display in the coming years.
And then i have never owned a 69 Hatra or 65 Harvester yet - one day mint ones will appear for pennies and that will be the day that I buy:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.