Hobbyist Forums banner

ARCOR VA. State Championship

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Team Beaver 
#1 ·
COOPER'S RC RACE CENTER will be hosting the ARCOR Virginia State Championships on July 31st with a warm up race on July 24th. Check the ARCOR web site for the flyer, it will be posted soon or contact me at kt4jt@firstsaga.com for more information.

#4 ·
Glad to hear it latemodle100, look forward to see'en ya!

Oval Racer 2, I haven't heard anything about nitro on the 26th but that is not to say they will not be there. I just can't tell you for sure.

For the State race we will have both .09's and .12's.

#5 · (Edited)
I know I have this post in two places but it is important that all racers that are going to attend the ARCOR VA State race read this:

OK guys and gals, we need your help. As most of you know, we don’t run Cooper’s on a weekly basis so we don’t have a feel for who will be coming to our races other than thru these computer threads and emails. Hopefully, some of this will change next year but that’s next year and not right now. LOL

We want our racers to get nice trophies for the races we put on but we can’t afford to just go out a buy a bunch of them and “hope” enough show up to make it worthwhile. I don’t think that most racers have much of an idea as to the expense that is involved and how careful a track owner (or in out case track “Operators”) have to be when budgeting for it. What ever might be left over because there was not enough to have a class become completely worthless to anyone as soon as you guys leave the track.

So, hoping that I have worded all of that correctly, this “roll call” so to speak, is VERY important to all of us (and to you too). What you put here and the pre-entries we get by this Friday will determine what classes we buy trophies for.

Please post who is coming and what ARCOR class or classes you want to run in for the ARCOR Va. State Race on July 31st! We really need this guys.

And don't forget about the East Coast Paved Oval Qualifier on the 24th. A good chance to also "warm up" for the State Race!

#6 · (Edited)
MODIFIED QUALIFYING FOR THE INVITATIONAL!

There are times when we have to make changes when we know it will be for the benefit of the majority of the racers and this is what we think we should do for our modified qualifying for the East Coast Paved Oval Invitational.

We are finding out that there are a few modified racers that will not be able to make the regular qualifying race this weekend and we sure don’t want that to keep these guys from getting their invitations. (There are things in life more important than RC racing LOL.)

So what we have decided to do is to run our planned Qualifying Race this weekend BUT it is going to be more convenient for the majority to run the MODIFIED portion on the 31st in conjunction with the ARCOR VA State Race.

So, concentrate on qualifying for 19t this weekend and modified on the 31st. We hope this will allow more racers to qualify in both classes.

#7 · (Edited)
The “warm up” is over and the Invitational Qualifying is done. Now it’s time to concentrate on the ARCOR VA State Race this coming weekend. By the turn out last Saturday and the “talk” that is going around, it looks like this is going to really be a big one!

Great response from the Legends racers, that is sure to be a big class. 19 Turn and Open Modified also promise to have a large turn out. 4 Cell Spec and 4 Cell Stock look good as well.

The format for this race is 4 qualifiers with a resort after the 2nd round and ONE main. This will be a one-day event and we will start racing at 1:00 P.M.

There are covered pits with electric and lights plus plenty of parking for pit trailers. The Snack Bar will also be open as usual.

We will be at the track on Friday ( July 30th) if you want to come early and get some laps in.

The host motel is The Innkeeper in Danville (30 min away) with special race rates. 1-800-466-5337, ask for the Piney Forrest Road location and be sure to mention the Cooper’s race for your room discount.

Directions from Rt. 29: Take Rt. 29 to Rt. 57 West, follow 57 to Rt. 969, turn right on 969 and follow it to Sago Rd. Turn left on Sago Rd., Cooper’s will be on the right.

Look forward to seeing you!

#13 ·
Thank you to everyone for all your help this weekend, another fun one for me and my buddy (Arlen) he had a blast and is definately hooked now. Chalk up another in the oval arena. Can't wait for the next one.

#16 · (Edited)
So who all is going to be there. I hope some of the boys from Chatham, NC will all come up and a hopefully a few guys from the Tennesee area. I think that it is going to be a good race with a lot of competitive drivers present. Plus it is a great oppertunity to see where you stack up for the invitational. See you all there.

S & B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.