Hobbyist Forums banner

2012 Season on the White Monster

60K views 1K replies 26 participants last post by  tommy462 
#1 ·
I just wanted to get the chatter started for the upcoming season. My involvement this season will be minimal, but we will be running the monster just as we are running the bullring now and we have a couple of friends (Dom & Chuck:wave:) that are going to help us out with running races and other things. The plan is, weekly Friday nights under the lights with our big events once a month, but a full schedule should be out soon. Any questions just post.:thumbsup:

#231 ·
Fri is supposed to be nice but I have plans.
I'd rather set up the computer on Saturday and practice maybe race? But if the weather holds and its in the 80's, maybe we get the Fri-night season started?
I cannot make it Friday but lets,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Lets discuss:
Discuss:
[Talk over/to talk about a subject with others/need to discuss it with them first]
I need help installing the "light Fixture” that Tom put together and would rather do this in daylight (Saturday) and we can start Friday night racing next Friday the 11th or if there is enough racers that want to start this week, speak up.

#232 · (Edited)
On another note, things are going well with preparations up for the up and coming season.
The track looks great, improvements have been made and more are on the the table.
However we can use some more help from the "Regulars" with maintenance and even on race days.

Some guys have the luxury of getting to the track early and can get things set up:
Computer/Lap counting System/PA etc
Cleaning off the track/mowing
This is great but We need help in other ways too:

Setting up and Calling races
Breaking down the equipment and returning it to the locker
Cleaning up the pit/track area
Close/lights/locking up etc.

Jeff added some contrast to the newly painted "White Wall" and brightened up the finish line with a freshly painted checker board.

This past Saturday, Coffee and Angelo volunteered to test the new paint job on the outer walls and the new soft walls we have in turns 1, 2, and 3. :wave::wave:
Every little bit helps. :thumbsup:

Just as predicted, you just bounce off the new soft walls and you are still in the race with no real loss of time or damage to your car. :thumbsup:

#237 ·
Saturdays let me correct that..weekends have been tight for the past month and May and June do not look much better. So, physical particiaption on my part is my issue at the moment. There is a slight sliver of hope that if the stars align just right, I may have a few hours Saturday AM. Is there a time you expect to be down there? (I belong to the old men don't climb ladders club. So if you are looking for someone to go over 2.5 feet off the ground, I am not your guy)

#240 ·
My weekends are shot... but I am always game to volunteer whatever is needed when I am present (call races, fix crap, clear the track, donate my blood to the mosquitoes, etc.).

So, if there are things to still be done or supplies needed, just post it and see if some of the "busy" regulars can assist in any way possible. I know you guys are working hard on bringing this track back to pre-Gene/Mike days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.