Hobbyist Forums banner

Seaview Sneak Peak

28K views 345 replies 64 participants last post by  Admiral Nelson 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
The ever critical, unsolicited advice giving, unashamed name-dropping, booger-pickers at SM
heh

...the other boards handled the news? Well, I'll put it this way: stupid, pointless, and vacant. Typical for a bunch of get-a-lifes who can't seam to jerk themselves away from the keyboard.
hey! I resemble that remark!

This is the most poignant picture from the review.

(sorry about the ol' bandwidth there Steve...)

I'm told that David Metzner insisted on providing a channel within the huge vertical stabilizers at the stern. through these conduits will pass the wiring for those wishing to equip their model with practical stern lights.
Stand up and take a bow Dave -er-stern?

Kudo's to Mr. Merriman for staying in character.

that's some sub!

#17 ·
As usual, Merry-man just had to be a jerk and take yet another cheap shot, didn't he? I stopped reading after his hands-down-the-front-of-his-pants comment about SM.

I have to say that I'm disappointed but not surprised that it was allowed to stand within the "article"....

#18 ·
Again, This model represents the 17'3" Seaview. Although it's really way cool to include the Two different viewports, the ACCURATE WAY TO GO IS THE VIEWPORTS WITHOUT THE RAISED TRIM AROUND THE WINDOWS. The part with ther raised trim around the windows represents the 8' Seaview.Yes there are differences.IMHO, It would be like putting the pilot"Large bridge" On the production TOS Enterprise.

Just repeating this for the benifit of guys who haven't read it before. Of course if you don't care, It really dosen't matter. Looks beautifull!

High Regards,
Beatlepaul

#23 ·
It's a good thing that it is a two piece hull.Less chance of distortion when pulling the kit from the molds,I assume.But most of all,since nowadays it doesn't take much to rate a parcel as being oversized,this reduced lenght is a welcomed decision.How long will be the kit box housing the Seaview kit anyways.

#24 ·
Technically it's a FOUR-piece hull, split into quadrants. Or, since the bottom nose section with the Flying Sub bay is molded separately, five pieces. And the upper halves of the Caddy fins are molded along with a bit of the aft hull, so it's really six pieces. Oh, wait, there's the separate front window surround. . .

#25 ·
Griffworks said:
As usual, Merry-man just had to be a jerk and take yet another cheap shot, didn't he? I stopped reading after his hands-down-the-front-of-his-pants comment about SM.

I have to say that I'm disappointed but not surprised that it was allowed to stand within the "article"....
We all know his antics, Griff. Did it anger me, no. Personally, I feel sorry for him; anyone that holds a grudge this long has "anger issues" and Steve for including it (after all it's his right to edit posts on his site); that was completely unprofessional. The comment was unnecessary and meant to be inflammatory. If you read the entire article minus his childish diatribe, it took nothing away from the content.

Then again, why would they give a man with a complete distaste for kit builders the task of reviewing a model kit, his expert status aside?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.