Hobbyist Forums banner

OCCUPY THE OVAL, RC Madness, March 3, 2012

10K views 116 replies 25 participants last post by  WriteDean 
#1 · (Edited)
R/C Madness will be hosting a charity oval race on March 3rd. The cost per class will be $25 with $20 going to the charity. Dean Berry from RC Driver is putting the event together. The charity/benefit of the event will be in the memory of Jason Trinca. He was a 7-year-old who was killed on his way to a go kart race. Hope to have a 50/50 raffle to help raise money.

Classes will be:
17.5 SK
17.5 Pan Car
10.5 Pan Car
any other classes that show up!

To help draw outside attention to the event, Dean's friend and Whelen Modified team owner Mario Fiore is working on getting 4 Featherlite/Whelen Modified drivers to come to the race and participate in a "All Star Modified Celebrity" driver race with SK's. All were drivers who drove the 44 for Mario. Reggie Ruggerio, Mike Stefanik, Jerry Marquis and Rick Fuller are confirmed

More info will be posted as it becomes available.

Here is where the money will be going:
Trinca Family Memorial Trust, P.O. Box 520, Ridge NY 11961

More info on the accident can be found here:
http://riverheadnewsreview.timesreview.com/2011/10/25836/jason-trinca-takes-final-laps-around-his-beloved-riverhead-raceway/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/10/17/funeral-held-for-mother-and-son-killed-in-manorville-car-crash/

See less See more
#97 ·
Just want to wish everyone good luck and hope everyone has a great time. I am very bummed that I cannot make it because I may have to work due to the weather forecast of possible freezing rain and snow up here in Maine fri nite into sat.
So again good luck and have fun..............

#107 ·
Thanks to Chris and Dean for a Great Event and good cause. Thanks for everyone that showed. Hope all of you come back soon. Thanks to all the Mod drivers for taking time out of there Day to come and play with us.(tweaking our equipment a bit. all Cars are back at the fab shop. LOL:thumbsup:). And best of all Mario Fiore (car owner 44) got to Drive and get even with his Drivers for all the stuff they did to his equipment.
Romo

#109 ·
Hi Everyone - I want to give a great big giant thanks to everyone who participated and came to the Occupy The Oval event featuring the first (annual?) 44 Challenge. We were able to raise some good money for the Trinca Family Memorial Trust, a more than worth wile cause. My first thanks needs to go to Mario Fiore, as he pulled all the right strings to get some real heavyweights to the event including Mike Stefanik & Rick Fuller. Thanks also to Justin Bonsignore for making the long trip and congrats to him in winning the 44 Challenge as a fill in! Thanks to Stafford Speedway for donating a gift basket as a door prize. I think Justin has a VERY bright future in racing of any scale. Thanks to Domenick Lia for participating, Donny, is a 2-time WMT champion and a ROAR R/C national champion and just a good guy! Todd Szegedy also came out to support the event and is a great person and one heck of a wheel! Todd is also a former WMT champion. Also thanks to people from New England Racing fuels were also in the house who attended. Still more thanks to Dale Cote', Michael Valentine, Kenneth Boehm, and Romano for donating and wrenching on the cars used in the 44 Challenge. Dale makes the "SK" Conversion kit and it is just AWESOME! Go to http://www.drc-engineering.com/ for more info on these cars. Thanks to Bradley Farmer for painting all of the 44 Challenge bodies and Justin Glaze for making all the custom decals for the bodies. Thank you to Joe Papa for shooting all the pictures for the event. Thank you to Rockin' Richard DiPaolo for calling the 44 Challenge main event. Finally, thank you to my nephew, Doc Forgette for helping all day long. He was my right hand man and helped out almost everyone at one time or another. I hope I remembered everyone! I'll keep everyone posted as to when I will have something on the RC Driver.com website or if I can get it into the shiny pages if the magazine. If anyone wants to still donate please make checks out to The Trinca Family Memorial Trust and send them to: Stafford Motor Speedway
P.O. Box 105
Stafford Springs, CT 06076

Full Results - http://www.rcmadness.com/PC/RCMadness/2012/03_03_2012_M Mains Results Listing.HTM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.