Hobbyist Forums banner

75a Berlinetta variation

20K views 195 replies 11 participants last post by  Lummox 
#1 · (Edited)
<eom>

#87 ·
That's weird, I happened to click on the auction when it was winding down with just a couple minutes left. The bid was $71, and the time ran out, on my screen it said the auction ended at $71. It wasn't until after it ended that I went back and clicked again and the bid was $89.

#90 ·
Finally added the red version to my collection! Traded a car I already had and didn't need anymore, so all it cost was the postage. It had a few nicks but was overall in decent shape. I touched up the nicks with a red paint pen, unfortunately in the pictures the difference in shade really shows up, but in person it looks mint. Pictured with both of my green wire wheel versions. The green one in the background is beat to heck, has cracked glass, bent tow hook and a missing wheel, but it's the most treasured car in my collection. I got it as a kid, and it turned the kid version of me into wanting to play with toy cars into wanting to collect them when I realized it was older than I was. It's the only car I still have from when I was a kid, and if ever there was a fire would be the one car I would grab, as it's the only one that couldn't be replaced.

#91 · (Edited)
Congrats TR, sure looks good from here!

I have a special liking for this thread, all the conversation, and this casting.
Over 2600 views - I guess others feel the same.

I think it was Jack Odel who said the GT-40 was the best selling miniature of all time.
Well this Ferarri must not be too close behind, as it seems to be a favorite among many collectors.

It's cool variations make it fun too. Great thread, Mike!!!

I think I like the red one even better than my green SF.....

#93 ·
Congrats TR, sure looks good from here!

I have a special liking for this thread, all the conversation, and this casting.
Over 2600 views - I guess others feel the same.

I think it was Jack Odel who said the GT-40 was the best selling miniature of all time.
Well this Ferarri must not be too close behind, as it seems to be a favorite among many collectors.

It's cool variations make it fun too. Great thread, Mike!!!

I think I like the red one even better than my green SF.....
250tr:great score!!
You are so lucky to have a car from your childhood.I had so many toy cars as a kid,how I wish i still had at least one.

Dave:ive been lurking but not posting much the last few weeks.Salvaged some free time and have been spending it with the gf trying to at least enjoy a little bit of the summer.

But as I have said a few times,old man winter will be here soon enough.And I plan on spending more time on here posting and try to get some interesting discussion going.

BTW,that hauler loaded up with Ferraris is off the hook.And the Pontiacs...wow!!

Good times my friend!:wave:

Mike

#95 ·
Everyone cross your fingers. I either just bought my grail for a great price, or paid way too much for a bunch of junkyard cars. I'll be sure and post pictures when it arrives, but what does everyone else think judging by this sole picture? They look like wire wheels to me, but hard to tell and could be disc wheels.

#99 ·
Those are definitely wire wheels on that Berlinetta but a word of caution. I noticed the 33b Ford Zephyr is custom painted (pretty good, too) as well as the 47b Commer Ice Cream van and since the Ferrari is in the same lot, it is possible that it is also a custom. Check the rivets on the base for tampering. Fingers crossed that it's the real deal. ;)

#100 ·
WOE!!!!!......WHAT?
You gotta be kiddin'! Holy Grail for sure, if it's real!

My god man, that really is worth taking a gamble on....BIG time.

Dad's has a point...there are a couple "customs" there, but to me they just look like kiddie brush paint jobs.
Definitely NOT the work of a real custumizer there.

But you never know. Someone could've planted it there in hopes of a bidding war, but we'll see.

Got my fingers crossed for ya....I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D
what day is it supposed to get to you?

#101 ·
I sure hope it's real, but I knew it was a gamble, so if it's not, at least I have some cars for future customs. I paid about $46 for the lot, as I did end up in a mini bidding war, if it's real, that was the bargain of the century, if not I just bought a very expensive box of parts. I'm hoping it will be here on Wednesday, it shipped today.

I didn't notice the other two customs, but those aren't castings I know anything about. Everything to me looks like this was just some kids collection that played with them back in the day and then got put away for 40 years. I'll keep you updated!

#102 ·
I guess someone was thinking what you were and hence the bidding war.

I saw this a few days ago and never got a chance to reply.

I was bored and dl'ed the pic and looked at it and gave it the stink eye.

Im saying real deal.

I hope it works out for you.Be sure to let us know how it turns out.

Mike

#111 · (Edited)
Nah, a little too dark and not enough green in the Cortina color I believe...in MY head. :)

Greenish-blue and blueish-green colors can be tricky!

I think someone with a printer should scan that pic I spoke of and take it to a place like Napa and ask to look at there giant paint chart book...and take it OUTSIDE to look at it. (Or at least next to a window)

Fluorescent lighting in stores are MURDER on colors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.