Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireSKULL Evo GT....something wicked this way comes!

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  KB Kustoms 
#1 ·
Hey There folkes!
Just got this one done and thought Id share with ya.
Its my first custom Evo GT and its ALL COMPLETELY HAND PAINTED...no decals.
I started with three of my MaxSkull Airbrush Stencils for the basic layout of the skulls, using upper only from one, and lower jaw only from another. There were lots and lots of additional textures, colors, and details added tho, so they really "evolved" A LOT from the standard results into the finished product you see here.
The fire was done exclusively with my KB Fire 1 and Natural Fire airbrush stencils.

More pics and description available < HERE > on my site.

Thanks for the look and I hope you enjoy!

See less See more
#7 ·
What scale is that? It is so cool! ahem....Is it considered a truck? (hint) Who makes it and where would I be able to get a bare casting?

#8 ·
THANKS EVERYONE!!
Glad ya like it!

96gsFan:
Oh, it "could" be done...just wouldnt look as good!! ;)

Zeb and Impala :
Thanks! Ive had a lot of practice in the last 9 years of doing diecast Customs and Ive airbrushed for what?....almost 30 years....wow....that makes me feel old!!! :(

Roughly 1/64, but on the larger end of that.
You can only get them (new anyway) at www.ktekdiecast.com and they are the exclusive creation of Dave Chang, KustomCity fame. You wont find a "bare" casting tho Im afraid...and they are pricey (compared to general Hot Wheels) but the quality is UNMATCHED by any current diecast company and they are well worth the price.They are NICE to begin with, so, if you decided not to customize it...you would still have a killer piece to admire in its stock version. They also come with cool display cases.
Ebay also has the stock versions and some chase ones available most of the time.

#15 ·
I love the paint. How can you strip down such a nice truck or do you get them bare?..........
I dunno DCPDGUY...for me, its not that tough a decision because I always have something in mind which (in my mind at least :rolleyes:) seems to be cool and I just gotta try it out! But as mentioned previously, I dont get bare casts, I just strip the regular editions. This one was one of the yellow/white Hot Rod Japan releases. OH and it was stripped twice before this result...the previous version kinda got jerked outta my hand while attempting to buff it out...hit the floor, chipped...so back to the stripper and then to this finished FireSKULL you see here.

Thanks Again to everyone!! I appreciate the kind cudos!!! :thumbsup:

#10 · (Edited)
WOW! Much interesting information. I always figured that was one of those castings that just never made it to my neck of the woods.

Having seen several of your works I must say this one strikes me as the most impressive. The flame flow from the skull (say that fast three times) is actually secondary to the detail you've achieved in the skulls themselves.

I've never attempted anything other than simple masking...At least in this scale. I've air brushed for about 30 years myself so don't feel all by your lonesome. This seems to me to be much more difficult than a larger scale project. I've cut some pretty intricut stuff with an X-acto out of blue tape but I've never been satisfied with the results.

Though I've seen them displayed online I'm courious to see a mask in hand and see how they are used in this scale.

Once again beautiful work. :thumbsup:

I could see a stream line train engine coming out of that casting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.