The automobile...as imagined by the ancient Greeks - Page 2 - HobbyTalk
  
HobbyTalk Forum for Diecast Collectors, Modelers, Slot Cars, & Radio Control
Home Forums Photo Album RC TrackFinder Catalog Donation/HobbyTalk Supporter

Welcome to the HobbyTalk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!

NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.

Go Back   HobbyTalk > Die Cast > 1:1 Car Threads
Register Classifieds Help/TOS Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:57 AM
PWSchuh PWSchuh is offline
Top Dog

My Photos
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 5,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Flaps! View Post
I'm not working on a solar car Schuh, not that there haven't been any. When your argument boils down to poking fun, you have no argument.
There haven't been any. And who's arguing? If you're arguing, then you're in the wrong forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyboy View Post
There are solar powered cars already; granted, ultra-light and not very useful, but technology doesn't move in a day...
I'm less worried about utility than I am about looks and fun-to-drive. A bicycle-tired cockroach is not my idea of a good time.
  #17  
Old 03-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Full Flaps!'s Avatar
Full Flaps! Full Flaps! is offline
Vacation Needed

My Photos
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 24°35'52"N 81°39'24"W
Posts: 12,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWSchuh View Post
There haven't been any. And who's arguing? If you're arguing, then you're in the wrong forum.
The topic being discussed is free power, not whether a solar car qualifies as a real car according to you. If you deny the existence of solar cars - a vehicle with wheels, capable of propelling itself by the free energy of the sun, then you're just being difficult. And you never did explain how you think sail power is "bought and paid for".

For someone who takes pride in thinking too hard, I'm surprised you didn't catch my generalized and court-like use of word argument. Maybe I should have made it more complicated for you and called it an exchange of opposing views, but that's kinda long.
  #18  
Old 03-04-2012, 06:57 PM
swflyboy's Avatar
swflyboy swflyboy is offline
Elder Statesman

My Photos
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a long and lonesome highway south of nowhere
Posts: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWSchuh View Post
I'm less worried about utility than I am about looks and fun-to-drive. A bicycle-tired cockroach is not my idea of a good time.
The first automobiles were horse carriages with engines...just because solar cars look like this now doesn't mean they will always look like this.
  #19  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:56 PM
PWSchuh PWSchuh is offline
Top Dog

My Photos
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 5,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyboy View Post
The first automobiles were horse carriages with engines...just because solar cars look like this now doesn't mean they will always look like this.
In your lifetime, yes they will. After that, I couldn't care less.
  #20  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:01 PM
PWSchuh PWSchuh is offline
Top Dog

My Photos
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 5,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Flaps! View Post
And you never did explain how you think sail power is "bought and paid for".

For someone who takes pride in thinking too hard, I'm surprised you didn't catch my generalized and court-like use of word argument. Maybe I should have made it more complicated for you and called it an exchange of opposing views, but that's kinda long.
Can't catch what's not there. And I never said I take pride in it, only that I do it 9.5 hours a day. Taking pride in your work where I work puts you out of work pretty quickly.

I keep looking out my front window for you to pull up in your sail-powered car. Must be a slow wind day.
  #21  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Full Flaps!'s Avatar
Full Flaps! Full Flaps! is offline
Vacation Needed

My Photos
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 24°35'52"N 81°39'24"W
Posts: 12,710
It's there, you just didn't catch it smart stuff. I shouldn't have to tell you, but go look at the dictionary. You still haven't answered the question, so I'll assume you have no answer, only jokes with attitude. You're more concerned with proving someone wrong - which you haven't done, than embracing the very existence of free and renewable energy. But you can laugh if you want to, it's okay. Someone is laughing at you too.
  #22  
Old 03-06-2012, 12:17 AM
swflyboy's Avatar
swflyboy swflyboy is offline
Elder Statesman

My Photos
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a long and lonesome highway south of nowhere
Posts: 994
..............................
  #23  
Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Lummox's Avatar
Lummox Lummox is offline
Vacation Needed

My Photos
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: S. Withier Dodder
Posts: 15,760
  #24  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Lummox's Avatar
Lummox Lummox is offline
Vacation Needed

My Photos
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: S. Withier Dodder
Posts: 15,760
Thumbs up

Buck nekkid wind worshipers...that'll put Big Oil outta bidniss!
  #25  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 AM
PWSchuh PWSchuh is offline
Top Dog

My Photos
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 5,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Flaps! View Post
Someone is laughing at you too.
Funny, I don't hear anything. The voices must be in your head, along with your "free energy" cars.

Just looked out my window again and you're still not here. Maybe this afternoon, after work?
Closed Thread
  HobbyTalk > Die Cast > 1:1 Car Threads




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Featured Sponsor
You Can Sponsor
A HobbyTalk Forum


HobbyTalk® Sponsors
Diecast
CScollectibles
Collectables Corner
DieCast Alley
Global Diecast Direct
Milezone
Mini-Motors Inc
Scoomer
The Toy Peddler
Toy Car Aution
Models
MegaHobby
Modeler’s Brand
ParaGrafix Modeling Systems
Radio Control
BeachRC.com
B-Fast RC
Dirt Cheap RC
Discount RC Tires
Irrgang Racing Service
Lefthander RC
MaxAmps.com
RCTV Live
SMC Racing
Speedzone
Thunder Racing
Tekin
Trend Times
TQ Racing
Windtunnel Racing
Slot Cars
AFX Racing
Scoomer
Slot Magazine
Sponsored Events

Become a
HobbyTalk® Supporter

Advertise on HobbyTalk®



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:55 PM.
HobbyTalk® is a Registered Trademark of HobbyTalk Ltd.
All other logos and trademarks on this site are property of their respective owner.
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 HobbyTalk Ltd. No use without permission.
Advertising positioning by Digital Point