Hobbyist Forums banner

On-Road @ The Raceway, Beaver

155K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  ~McSmooth~ 
#1 ·
I am starting this thread to officially announce that The Raceway, aka "The Beav" will be starting racing this Sunday Sept. 18. :thumbsup: The doors will open at 11AM, with races starting at around 2PM. Racers are responsible for lunch; Pizza! will be brought in for dinner. Mark your calendars, and come back to start our 8th year right! John @ The Raceway :wave:
No hobby shop will be on-site, but Hobbytown in Robinson Twp. will be supporting race events with prizes. Thank you Scott!!

#14 ·
RacewayJohn said:
Dinge, or whoever you are today, STAY OFF MY THREAD. John
I agree John.
It would be nice to talk about racing.You remember racing right?The reason we are on here chatting?I think we should try to keep this thread a bit more mature than other's.
I race when and where I like and my opinions are just that,mine.I don't voice them unless I am asked to do so.

So Mike? How's that new car working out? Have some good cell's for the Champs?
I've got my room reserved(thanks Gary!) and entry form is in the mail.I'm only running Master's sedan.To much good racing to watch to run more than one class :) I don't have any of my sedans ready yet,still in the dirt,but after this Saturday I'll start on them.I have to decide which car to run,Pro-4,TC4 or XXXS(very dialed by the way) but I think the HPI will be faster.

#15 ·
martian 710 said:
Hi John, I hope to make it down on Sunday. Is there still a tire truer at the track?
Brett, Good to hear from you! No, there is no "community truer" available any more, but I'm sure someone will always have one with them (besides the one Bill will have) Basically, there will just be racing and a good time, and of course PIZZA! at about 5PM.
The every 2-week schedule will be in effect through December, when the next few months will be decided upon. It will be more low-key, and act as "another place to race". Hopefully, some/all of the past on-roaders will find their way back, and if there is an interest in turning left (only), we will address THAT need as well. See you on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!! John :wave:

#17 ·
Changed Name

Mike, I only changed MY user name because the "old" one reflected a store/business that is not around. The Raceway is a racetrack with RACING as the focus. Thank you for keeping our flyers there, if you like, I will pick them up the next time I visit. John :thumbsup:

#18 ·
glitcher said:
So Mike? How's that new car working out? Have some good cell's for the Champs?
I've got my room reserved(thanks Gary!) and entry form is in the mail.I'm only running Master's sedan.To much good racing to watch to run more than one class :) I don't have any of my sedans ready yet,still in the dirt,but after this Saturday I'll start on them.I have to decide which car to run,Pro-4,TC4 or XXXS(very dialed by the way) but I think the HPI will be faster.
Not sure if you mean 'this' Mike, but if so....the new car is fantastic. It's nice to have something where you don't have to make so many modifications and compromises (different diff cases, shim this, shave that, etc). Just build it and go fast.

Won't be going to the Champs. I only get every-other Thanksgiving up here and need to spend it with my wife's family. (Turkey here, Christmas in Florida this year. Next year, we flip-flop). I do plan on coming over there on Saturday or Sunday to hang out and watch. Instead, I'll be going to the Halloween Classic, and maybe a few other big races after the start of the new year. Good chance the ROAR Nats will be outside of Wash, DC.

Of those 3 cars you mentioned, I would be leaning towards the HPI too. I know Chris Vogan likes it a whole lot better than the TC4.

#19 ·
John,
Why would you want to pick them up, I am displaying them for you? As usual, SCH is trying to help ALL tracks and promote racing and introduce NEW upcoming racers. We recently sponsored the Cancer Race last weekend, and the joint HobbyTown/SCH Steel Town Classic race this weekend - all for a good cause. Hope to see you there?
Mike

RacewayJohn said:
Thank you for keeping our flyers there, if you like, I will pick them up the next time I visit. John :thumbsup:

#20 ·
Mike, I just thought that with previous comments about this place (graveyard track, vacuum clogging, etc.) that the flyers were not welcome. I will be at the race at Hobbytown, as usual, and RACING this time (since my administrative obligations have been stripped). See you Saturday. Oh, bring YOUR MF-1 and race! John :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.