New Moderator For Moebius Model Forum - Page 5 - HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Forum for Diecast Collectors, Modelers, Slot Cars, & Radio Control
Home Forums Photo Album RC TrackFinder Catalog Donation/HobbyTalk Supporter

Welcome to the HobbyTalk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!

NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.

Go Back   HobbyTalk > Models > Moebius Models
Register Classifieds Help/TOS Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

This site has been getting quite nasty lately. A long drawn out debate over airbrushing was most distasteful. The next time something like that happens to quote Gordon Ramsey, SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_xii View Post
Hi --

For someone that does not want to get banned you walk a thin line when you insult the moderator!!!

I don't usually publically respond to posts like this, but I'm going to make an exception in your case.

I think you misunderstand the rules here. Hobbytalk has NEVER been about venting against other people or companies!

Where did you get this idea? Do you think Hobbytalk is just a place to bitch and complain?

I'm going to try to say it in plain english now: You are not allowed to make ANY comments that might make another user unwelcome here. This applies to manufacturers as well. It is supposed to be light and friendly - an exchange of ideas and technique, that's all. Anyone making rude or complaining remarks about a company is no different than someone making rude remarks about an individual.--Henry
Wow!!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Banned

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfesserCoffee View Post
I've got to agree. As long as people are decent and not irrational about it, it seems a bit oppressive to come down really hard on someone for expressing an opinion or bringing up some valid questions.
The point is they are neither decent or rational......we are in their house and must play by their rules.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:37 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcondesigns View Post
The point is they are neither decent or rational......we are in their house and must play by their rules.
True in some cases, but in the brief exchange that happened here The member was both decent and ask a rational question.
And going back 3 months of post from the member doesn't show him to be a troublemaker.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:20 AM
www.tsdsinc.com

My Photos

Folks --

Please read the rules here. When I see things like "isn't the point of a forum the ability to vent ones aggrevation with someone else?" then of course I'm going to react. No one here has the right to vent their aggrevation on another individual or company. My job is to keep things friendly. Pointing out a fault in a kit and suggesting a way to correct it is far different than bitching and complaining about something. It's a fine line, but when it gets snarky, it's going to get shut down.

I'm also a bit tired of being accused of being the hand of Moebius here. I don't really have any official relationship with Moebius Models. Sure, I do something for them from time to time, but they do not tell me how to moderate. Ever.

A lot of you know that once some people get behind a nice, anonymous keyboard at the end of an internet connection somewhere, either out of boredom or malice (who knows?) they can be inclined to either stir the pot on purpose, or simply forget their manners. If I have to get a little testy to get my point across, I'd rather do that than ban a user.

Either way, I don't hold a grudge, even when someone has been pushing my buttons, and I generally move on from anything like this once I've gotten my point across. I've been hanging out here for almost ten years now, and I've seen how things go when it gets out of hand, and I'm not going to let that happen in this forum.

Let's move on, shall we?

Thanks,

--Henry

Visit my website for quality decals and more: http://www.tsdsinc.com
Old 09-26-2011, 09:56 AM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Nothing is going to be perfect- that is a given. I have very limited funds and having an insight as to what to expect in a newly released kit help a lot, warts and all. It does not prevent me from getting one, but if I know it will some additional work to make it shine I will tend to buy it when I can afford to do that work.
Sometimes a company makes a shortcut, like planning on having the GK enhancement parts complete the model. If this is not mentioned but sales diminish as a result for the next release, it might be interpeted as a lack of interest in the subject, not a feature of the last kit some did not like.
No kit is going to be perfect, there will always be something that can be better. These are mass produced kits with time/cost restrictions which require hard choices in production. Excessive complaining does not help anything, but making observations to help informed decisions is very helpful...
Old 09-26-2011, 02:26 PM
HobbyTalk Pro

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_xii View Post
Folks --

Please read the rules here. When I see things like "isn't the point of a forum the ability to vent ones aggrevation with someone else?" then of course I'm going to react. No one here has the right to vent their aggrevation on another individual or company. My job is to keep things friendly. Pointing out a fault in a kit and suggesting a way to correct it is far different than bitching and complaining about something. It's a fine line, but when it gets snarky, it's going to get shut down.

I'm also a bit tired of being accused of being the hand of Moebius here. I don't really have any official relationship with Moebius Models. Sure, I do something for them from time to time, but they do not tell me how to moderate. Ever.

A lot of you know that once some people get behind a nice, anonymous keyboard at the end of an internet connection somewhere, either out of boredom or malice (who knows?) they can be inclined to either stir the pot on purpose, or simply forget their manners. If I have to get a little testy to get my point across, I'd rather do that than ban a user.

Either way, I don't hold a grudge, even when someone has been pushing my buttons, and I generally move on from anything like this once I've gotten my point across. I've been hanging out here for almost ten years now, and I've seen how things go when it gets out of hand, and I'm not going to let that happen in this forum.

Let's move on, shall we?

Thanks,

--Henry
Very well sais Henry !!! You are right, you & I have seen over the last 10 years a lot of what can happen and nipping it in the bud early keeps things moving along and the problems resolved early so no one can sit & stew and keep it fired up, great job you do Henry & it IS appreciated !
Bert
Old 09-30-2011, 02:24 PM

My Photos

Hi guys!

I am very glad Henry is here! I am very impressed with the Launch Gantry for the Moebius 18" Jupiter 2. I just bought the Moebius Jupiter 2 and 1/25 scale Space Pod. My next purchase (next month) will be the Launch Gantry from TSDS.

I am very impressed with the aftermarket decals and photo etch stuff I've seen for the Lost In Space spaceships! Looks like I'm going to have a lot invested by the time I've purchased everything.

Henry, I have a question. You know the 3 tall units that are on the launch site that stand off to the sides?

http://uncleodiescollectibles.com/im...05%203-7-5.jpg

One has the elevator in it, and I don't know what the other two are supposed to be for. I wonder if that is in the plans for the future? I can easily scratch-build them with a working elevator. I'd just like to see if you are going to release the kit?

Thanks!

Doug

Last edited by Radiodugger; 09-30-2011 at 03:21 PM..
Old 09-30-2011, 04:14 PM
www.tsdsinc.com

My Photos

Hi Doug --

No, I have no plans of doing the gantry towers. They are just too expensive to make. Oh, I could cobble together a bunch of evergreen plastic strips and angles, and supply directions (lengths to cut) and you could assemble them from about 200 pieces.... but, I think at that point, you might as well just scratch build.

If I could find a reasonable way to do it and provide at least a few assembled parts, I'd try it, but it really is just a box and some strip styrene which is not all that expensive.

--Henry

Old 09-30-2011, 05:35 PM

My Photos

Thanks Henry!

Yeah, I think I will scratch build them. Plas-T-Struct has the side pieces. Lighting is essential here, too. Okie dokie!

Doug
Old 01-20-2012, 01:39 AM
Top Dog

My Photos

I like Henry. Even though I have no clue what you guys are talking about he seems to know what's up

Good for you! Big smiley
Old 02-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Top Dog

My Photos

What seems to be the problem? I'll mediate
Old 02-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Deactivated

My Photos

YEP! one member gets banned for "trollin" or the content of his pm's and/or emails.
the other guy rants in the thread, and they just delete the offending post ... and the post that support the banned member.

look at henry's rules on the first page:

if you want to argue, take it to pm's or emails ...

tell me these guys are following their own rules
Old 02-29-2012, 01:44 PM
www.tsdsinc.com

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
I have to ask, why is it that our moderator and a few particular members here get to have free reign over what is appropriate to be said. After yesterdays "joke" handling of a topic situation I think it is clear that the personal arguments from the Mod and friends isn't fair. That statment will probably get me banned because its about the mod.

But hey, its a forum and I believe its supposed to be ok to post my opinion. That seems the appropriate thing to say these days, heck it works for members who want to dominate all the topics with the "right" opinion always say. "Just my opinion"

I wonder how much Hank knows about the situation. But now that posts have been deleted and edited, bullies and mods can continue on their own rants and agendas.

And once again, I would like to say that I don't think its fair that someone who makes money from Moebius should be the Moebius Forum Mod. And yes, the included TSDS Spindrift interior cardboard counts as a direct monitery link between the mod and Moebius.

I like to come to Hobbytalk, but of late it seems like if you make any coment that doesnt' jive with the mods, you get banned or crucified.

One more thing, I've actually gotten PMs saying "I can't believe you actually stood up to the mod" and "I agree with what you said" so its not just my opinion, several others feel this way.

While I really should not take the time, as it's really none of your business, I'm going to address your issues:

1. I did nothing regarding the information other than sending a private email to the instigator, asking them to keep it out of the forum. When things escalated (which is the part you did not see involving PM's and private emails between the parties involved), I asked another moderator to step in as I felt I could be biased in this instance. The other moderator is the one who decided what action to take.

2. You could not be more wrong in your description of what a forum is. It is not a place for opinions when they are directed at an individual or a company in an unflattering manner. If you have a problem with someone or a company, you are to take it to PM or emails. We do not allow people to post complaints in the forums, as it invariably turns into a complaint-fest. We are here to discuss Moebius Models, techniques, and to share information. If you want to complain, go elsewhere. And that includes your post above.

3. Hank is aware of all of this. Deleted posts can and are reviewed by him and can be viewed by other moderators.

4. I have never been paid a dime for anything I have done for Moebius. They do not control me, or tell me how to manage the forum. Ever. Yours statement regarding this is not only uninformed, but personally insulting to me.

5. Like some other people, you seem to feel very brave behind a keyboard and feel like you are "entitled" to an opinion here. You are a guest, and will always be a guest provided you obey the rules and respect others. You are not doing this now. You are trying to start something to see how many other folks you can stir up. If you have a problem, again, send a PM or an email to whomever you have a problem with. Do NOT post garbage like this in this forum. I randomly looked up a few of your posts, and while you do contribute to the forums, you also seem to have a tendency to jump on a "complaint" bandwagon where one exists, or start a complaint session of your own. Continuing to do this will find yourself banned.

Consider yourself fairly warned. And please review the rules again before you decide to second guess me on how I do my job.

Oh -- and I don't get paid to moderate, either. Just in case you are going to throw that in my face.

--Henry

Old 02-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Deactivated

My Photos

your rules, henry, state:

if you want to argue, take it to pm's or email, correct?

then how do you ban someone for doing as instructed?

you are a joke, as well as griff, and papasmurf.

thats my opinion, and i'm sticking to it!
Closed Thread
  HobbyTalk > Models > Moebius Models