An Idea for ROAR.... - HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Forum for Diecast Collectors, Modelers, Slot Cars, & Radio Control
Home Forums Photo Album RC TrackFinder Catalog Donation/HobbyTalk Supporter

Welcome to the HobbyTalk forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us. Forgotten your password? Click here!

NOTE: Once you register and are logged in this welcome section will no longer be visible.

Go Back   HobbyTalk > Radio Control Vehicles > Racing Organizations > ROAR
Register Classifieds Help/TOS Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 12:13 PM

My Photos

An Idea for ROAR....

Roar could contract out stock motors from a company such as Novak or Tekin for 4 or so years. Roar could sell these motors to tracks that are Roar members. The racers could then only buy their motors from hobbyshops and clubs.

ROAR makes profit from motors sales that could be used towards other ROAR functions and now membership has an additional value in that the only legal stock motor can be purchased from ROAR affiliated tracks.

Tracks benefit that the price of motors is controlled and do not have internet sales competition. Makes buying motors at the track a priority since that would be the only motor legal for stock class at the track.

Stock motor technology progression controlled by the specs ROAR requires between each stock motor term. Stock motor contracts could be bidded out for lowest price or simply rotated between affiliated manufacturers.

Removes a level of sponsorship in stock class since ROAR dosen't sponsor racers.

Makes tech of stock motors easy as the specs can be a sealed stock motor or have "ROAR" labeled on every part.
this system promotes ROAR, promotes ROAR tracks, is cost controlled, and is technology controlled.

At least talk with Novak and see what they think of the idea. Maybe send out a questionaire to other ROAR member tracks.

Mark Westerfield
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway
Waterbury, CT 06706
Region 1 club #2274

I own a ROAR member Hobbyshop and track, and I would like it.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

We, here at Novak, decided that no one (including ROAR) was inclined to make decisions to remedy the problem of setting aside protected, cost-controlled classes to attract new racers to the hobby.

In our opinion, the real issue is the "esc of the month" and the related complexity and expense of keeping beginners involved. The R/C industry needs to nurture the beginners so they remain interested in this hobby.

Instead of adding to the complaints, we designed a complete program (in partnership with USVTA) for their 2010 series:

Goal:
~ Novak is offering a comprehensive program designed to attract more customers to the R/C Hobby and more participants to VTA racing by providing an affordable solution for entry-level, cost-controlled events

Products:
(These are special, wired-together systems (not combos) currently unavailable thru distribution.
Havoc 2S Spec SSPro 25.5 System (for example)
~ blue/teal sleeve suggested
~ motor designed/built to ROAR specs

Pricing:
(Lowest price offered to customers for our BL Spec systems
~ 129.99 Customer price (guaranteed for 12 months)

Dealer Participation
~ Price list/terms and conditions for participating shops and tracks for these customized USVTA products

Customer Service/Technical Support
~ same warranty (120 day), customer service and technical support as all Novak products
~ maintain RC Tech thread

The features of our program are adaptable to other series and local tracks and races where RDs are interested in attracting new customers to their events for more level playing field competition.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

What is needed are low priced Esc and motors to allow the new racers to buy what they need at a fair price. Who wants to put out hundreds of dollars for battries motors and the electroinics just to find out that what they have is out dated within a couple months with all the battery and ecs wars going on it would benifit a company to produce a cheaper electric package for those starting out.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:50 PM

My Photos

Why not just go nitro and forget the battery/ESC stuff altogether? We would love to have you electric guys on board.

Good Racing,
Tim Smith, GASCAR
Old 05-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by COYOTE View Post
Why not just go nitro and forget the battery/ESC stuff altogether? We would love to have you electric guys on board.

Good Racing,
Tim Smith, GASCAR
fumes may give some people headaches...just saying i know wed run outdoors and all but
Old 05-29-2010, 05:31 PM
HobbyTalk Supporter

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcian View Post
fumes may give some people headaches...just saying i know wed run outdoors and all but
Headaches? So what have all the battery, ESC, rule changes, class changes, no direction and lack of organization caused?

I think the real reason Nitro intimidates people is the basic lack of understanding of the engines. Yes they are tricky sometimes, but no more so than all the truing, brush selecting and spring tweaking of days gone past and not as much so as all the ESC programming of today.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Lifetime Member

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
Headaches? So what have all the battery, ESC, rule changes, class changes, no direction and lack of organization caused?

I think the real reason Nitro intimidates people is the basic lack of understanding of the engines. Yes they are tricky sometimes, but no more so than all the truing, brush selecting and spring tweaking of days gone past and not as much so as all the ESC programming of today.
Hey Scott, The reason Nitro intimidates some, there isn't a factory guy standing back out of the way handing out faster engines to some racers.
By the way, Heck if I couldn't smell the fumes or the exhaust generated by C-16 racing fuel from a 1/4 scale car, I'd quite racing!

Graphite fumes = FIRE!
Old 06-12-2010, 05:03 PM

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Clark View Post
Hey Scott, The reason Nitro intimidates some, there isn't a factory guy standing back out of the way handing out faster engines to some racers.
By the way, Heck if I couldn't smell the fumes or the exhaust generated by C-16 racing fuel from a 1/4 scale car, I'd quite racing!

Graphite fumes = FIRE!
at the local tracks most of the nitro guys only know wfo. there is twice as much parts torn up in nitro than electric racing, and the fuel price!
Old 06-12-2010, 05:25 PM
HobbyTalk Supporter

My Photos

We are not talking about dirt, but paved oval.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:55 AM

My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
We are not talking about dirt, but paved oval.
you couldv'e fooled me,sorry
Old 06-10-2011, 04:23 PM

My Photos

I was trying to find the ROAR minimum weight of a 1/10 oval pan car, w/lipo 1s, running cap tires. Is there a different weight for spec and open? What does the word 'open' mean in the rules? open spedo, open body, open tires, all that and more?? Please clarify.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

ROAR still exsists???
Old 12-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Elder Statesman

My Photos

Yes but due to the attitude they get on these forums they do not respond to anything posted on hobbytalk.