Hobbyist Forums banner

eagle tree rpm sensor questions

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  KenBajdek 
#1 ·
I have been not having any luck getting the rpm sensor to work on my eagle tree e logger V4. I have the power panel and amps and voltage works great. I started with the magnetic sensor then tried the brushless rpm sensor neither is giving me any reading. Any help would be appriciated.

#2 ·
It has been a while since I used my Eagle Tree but here are a few things I remember.

On the magnetic sensor make sure the sensor is close to the magnet.

On the brushless sensor make sure the two RPM wires are actually connected to the motor leads.

In the software make sure the RPM gauge is set up with the right number of poles and gearbox ratio.

Are you pluged into the right pins?

Also the eagle tree does not like low voltage and may brown out.

Try contacting Eagle Tree, the are usually very good on tech support
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/

#3 ·
Rpm sensors are plugged into the rpm port on the elogger. Had to trim the tab on the lead to make it fit. Tried the brush less sensor first and it should work on any 2 leads going to the motor. Tried all combos and nothing. Went to the magnetic sensor had the sensor in both positions. About 1/16 gap. Do I need to program the display? Tried 3 pole then 2 pole then 1 pole. Neither is giving me rpm.

Eagle tree hasn't responded to my email after 5 days. I was hoping it was something I missed. The on line manual wasn't much help

#5 ·
I don't have my eagle tree stuff in front of me but you need to connect the logger to the usb port on the PC and use the software to program/calibrate it, first I know you have to tell it whether you are using a magnetic or optical sensor and then I think you have to tell it how many magnets(or light marks if using optical sensor) you are picking up per RPM.

Hope this helps you get going. If not post here and maybe I can take some screen shots of settings and post them.

Kevin

#6 ·
I did find the selection for mag, optical or brushless sensor. I've tried 2 of the 3 sensors. Tried calibration but won't read full throttle. Owners manual is not really clear on trouble shooting. I already had a magnet on my flywheel from the Novak Sentry. Brushless sensor worked once in awhile.

I would like to have a wiriing diagram to make sure I have all of the parts that I need.

Elogger 4
Brushless sensor lead (boght both if one didn't work)
Magentic sensor lead
power panel
servo tester (instead of radio)
RX pack (6 volts)
Tekin RS (test speedo)

#10 ·
OK. Any more ideas? Mounted magnet with red side away from.sensor...nothing. rotated sensor still nothing. It must be something with the software. I didn't get a disc that was usable as it was cracked in 3 pieces. I downloaded from eagle tree. It has to be programming or wiring that I'm not doing correct.

#11 ·
on the software part. when plugging the usb to the eagle tree all your sensors your using must be attached before plugging the usb in. Make sure you select the magnetic rpm sensor and the sensor is also directional. It can't be much of anythingelse. Btw.....check your man card and don't be affraid to read the instructions.............lol :tongue:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.