Hobbyist Forums banner

Playing Mantis

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BFK 
#1 ·
I need a little help on this one. Was to a flea mkt over the weekend and came across 5 cars and a mega charger that says Sizzler made by Playing Mantis.The stuff is dated 1996 and this is the first i ever saw these that were not Hot Wheels. Are these made by Johnny Lightning and are they worth much? Guy told me they all worked but i have yet to put battries in the juice machine. Any info on these would be helpful. Paid a whole 5 bucks for the lot!! lol :thumbsup:

#2 ·
I remember those. If I remember right, Playing Mantis researched and determined that Mattel had let the Sizzlers brand name go, so they got it and produced them. My friend bought the track and a few of them and I remember racing them. Then something happened where Mattel got the name back and produced some a few years ago I think.

#6 ·
These came out when my son was little.We had a lot of fun with them,I had a lot of the original Sizzlers back in the day.It was fun to be able to re live the Sizzlers experience with my son.

He had a few sets of them.The one I remember the best is the Speed Racer set.I saved the Mach 5 and the RacerX car...I have them here somewhere in this mess.

I remember when I was a kid tho,I got bored with them pretty quickly and moved on to HO slot cars which I enjoyed more because you had more interaction with the cars.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.