Hobbyist Forums banner

Nitro TC3 latemodel conversion? what do i need???

9K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  viper1 
#1 ·
:confused::confused: I may not be that confused but i am getting there, i am a complete and utter newbie when it comes to the parts and rules aspect of R/C racing. I was around all of my younger life but was to young to understand anything. I am buying a RTR Nitro 4WD TC3 and would like to know all the conversion parts i will need, cause otherwise i dont know what i am doing. Well I know a little i guess, i just want to know what i am missing.
This is for the 4WD gas powered class at the Carolina RC Complex in Easley SC.
http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ASC2042COM&CartID=1
thats the link to what comes in the RTR package i am going to be buying...
here is a list of what i have thought of.
-- 200mm conversion Rally kit (found one)
-- TC3 Dirt oval Foam Tires (have no clue)
-- rims... (clueless still)
-- dont know about the shocks, Shaft length, oil wt., or type to buy.....
-- not sure the steps to take to convert the tranny to one speed.
-- What LM body will work with the TC3? will i have to buy some different mounting brackets????
-- is there anything i will have to do with the servo box???? or am i even saying that right lol
-- Going to buy the RPM extended bumber to try and protect the a arms. have to buy the Foam Bumber as well, will these work together.....
-- 75cc fuel cell, what would be a good fuel cell for Dirt oval or does it matter????

and if someone could explain a little about the relationship between the Radio and the Servos?? I still havent stepped into that subject.

thanks you guys for helping, all will be GREATLY appreciated :thumbsup:
love RC Cars and love Dirt, watched my dad back in the late 80's and Early 90's tear it up with a converted team associated 6 cell late model. those were the days. lol ill never forget the time i spray painted his 1/10th sprint car lime green cause i wanted to help while he was at work lol :rolleyes: I was 4 and he was mad! lol
dang rambling on again

thanks guys

Cory

See less See more
#2 ·
It is very easy to do the DO with this car. A rally kit will help but is not necessary. The shop at Easley should have the tire/wheel you will need and they should be able to help you setting them up. Most DO guys will help you to get going. The best bodies are done by McAllister.com. He has some of the best DO bodies for these cars and they mount right on the factory mounts. If you need anymore info go to dirtoval.com. More info there than you can imagine.

#3 ·
thanks man that helps a TON! i heard donnie carries the TC3 RTR at his shop so i am planning on buying it there this sunday and i am not sure if he carries any bodies so i might as well go on a head and order the mcallister body from ebay or his website??? not sure lol

thanks man

Cory

#4 ·
They do not make a rally converision for the NTC3.
You need the single speed setup.
Green springs for starters.
Mcallister Late Model Body 200mm or the 210mm body they have at least 5 that will work. Don't forget the fence on the left hand side of the car.
30 for oil will be fine for starters.
Jaco pinks, Custom Works pinks or BSR pinks or silver work great!

We have been running this combo for 2 years on clay and it works great.

#6 ·
Keith,
The nitro kit has longer axles than the electric car if that is what you are comparing to.

To my knowledge the rally kit was for the electric TC3. It widened the car from 190mm to 200mm. My local hobby shop claims this conversion is discontinued. The kit included longer a-arms, longer dog bones and longer turn buckles.
I know of no widening kit for the NTC3. Now with that said, I have my own widening kit for my own car that I made.

Duke

#7 ·
Well i found a one of the rally conversions at SouthEastRC.com, so it is still circulating out there, and i have heard speculations about it not being for the NTC3, so i concur and must go another way. And you said something about a cage on the right side? Basically and extention piece for the right side of the chassis? i think i have seen a couple.

With that in mind, would the standard width be fine for starters? If so thats great, and is that the green springs all the way around? i was thinking possibly 40wt in the front and 30wt oil in the back and maybe some short buggy shocks on the front end? but long then the original TC3's

#8 ·
We run the std. length shocks, back the droop screws out for extra travel. Yes on the green for starters unless your track is rough, mine is very smooth, right Keith.

30 and or 40 wt is fine for startes as well. Side dam or fence 5"x 12" mounted on the left side, you will love it!

Duke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.