Hobbyist Forums banner

**OFFICIAL Ny State Fairgrounds Syracuse Racing Thread***

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  reggie's dad 
#1 · (Edited)
**OFFICIAL Ny State Fairgrounds Syracuse Racing Schedule And Results Thread***

i was asked to post a start thread for the ny state fairgrounds in syracuse ny. we race on the quartermidget and microd track which is located on the grounds at the fair. the track race line is 500ft. its a great track and we have alot of fun all summer long. there is a real nice drivers stand and electric is provided. you will need extension cords, a table and chair and pit light if you have one or pit off the back of your vehicle.

there will be a consession stand set up and parts trailer at the track. scoring provided by ******* rc which they use the amb system(personal transponders recommended).

a complete set of rules and race dates will be posted soon. stay tuned for further info.

#5 ·
dates for the nys fairgrounds
CALLING ALL RACER ITS TIME AGAIN FOR THE GREAT RACING AT THE RC MONSTER MILE

This years dates are going to be every tuesday night just like it was last year

price of classes $8 for the first $5 for the second third is free

May 11th no points test and tune race

May 18th first points race

may 25th

June 1st

June 8th

June 15th

June 22nd

June 29th

July 6th

July 13th

July 20th mid summer classic race double points

July 27th

Aug 3rd

Aug 10th

Aug 17th

Sept 7th

Sept 14 last points race

Sept 21st

Hope to see all you at the track this year it will be a great season for racing gary and i have been working on the rules and they will be posted this weekend there are some new things this year

#7 ·
what is it dirt oval or blacktop oval

its pavement and its located on the ny state fairgrounds. the quartermidget and microd club use it most of the week but we are able to use it on tuesdays (check schedule above for race dates). it is a big track for radio controlled vehicles but its fun and very competitive. the race line is 500ft and the lanes are roughly 20ft wide. so if your hitting someone with that much space thats a big problem.

#9 ·
Pancar: 10.5 brushless 1 cell lipo up to 5400 max

Outlaw Pancar
:
open motor 2 cell lipo 5400 max

1/10 Slider
:
27 turn motor or stock motor any esc 4600 6 cell or 5400 2 cell lipo stock tire can run the wings this year

SB truck
:
must have truck a arms 13.5 brushless or 19 turn motor 4600 6 cell or 5400 lipo max

Outlaw Truck
:
must have truck a arms open motor and esc 4600 6 cell or 5400 2 cell lipo max

SB EDM
:
13.5 brushless or 19 turn motor 4600 6 cell or 5400 lipo max

Outlaw EDM
:
open motor and esc 4600 6 cell or 5400 2 cell lipo max

Touringcars
:
this class is for 4 wheel drive cars that are gas or electric if running gas you’ll have only 2 minutes to get it started. You will have to have your own pit person to help you start it if the car shuts down in the 4 minutes than you will be asked to get off the track if your pit person won’t restart you.

SC Trucks
:
2 wheel or 4 wheel drive open motor and esc 5400 2 cell lipo or less must run any sc rubber tire

All classes must run rubber tires or hard foams. Pancars can run caps or hard foams or what may work for the track that night

We will run other classes if three or more show up.

*All rules are final unless otherwise authorized by Bill or Gary*

Hope to see everyone at the track.

#16 · (Edited)
i'll be runnin 1S this year i think. last year when we ran, we ran 2S 17.5 and couldn't hardly get the power to the ground. 21.5 wasn't as bad, but i think the lower voltage and taller gear will help that ungodly rip off the bottom, but still produce PLENTY of top end.

also, last year i ran 3 pinks and a double pink. that's what i plan to start with again, but i do have a good set of caps that i'd like to try also. grip wasn't bad with the foams but it would get a little hairy for the last 30 secoonds. i think 1S will help this too. of course if they were allowed to spray sugar water in the corners, it'd be a non-issue too. But, i do understand people gettin cranky about little kids traction rolling in their microds. :eek:

jw

#17 ·
i'll be runnin 1S this year i think. last year when we ran, we ran 2S 17.5 and couldn't hardly get the power to the ground. 21.5 wasn't as bad, but i think the lower voltage and taller gear will help that ungodly rip off the bottom, but still produce PLENTY of top end.

also, last year i ran 3 pinks and a double pink. that's what i plan to start with again, but i do have a good set of caps that i'd like to try also. grip wasn't bad with the foams but it would get a little hairy for the last 30 secoonds. i think 1S will help this too. of course if they were allowed to spray sugar water in the corners, it'd be a non-issue too. But, i do understand people gettin cranky about little kids traction rolling in their microds. :eek:

jw

i would think 1s 21.5 or 17.5 would be more than enough power on that track depending on conditions of the track.

also, on the windy days at the track the cars can be more than a handful depending on which way its blowin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.