Hobbyist Forums banner

Xtreme Rc Addicts Moonachie New Jersey

92K views 2K replies 33 participants last post by  tobamiester 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know there is a carpet indoor track in moonachie NJ
We race on Friday Night. Here is a link to the old Pics of the track.

http://www.xtremercaddicts.com/gallery.php?level=album&id=4

Classes for Friday Are: :wave:

1/18 18R
1/12 Pan Car
1/10 World GT
1/10 Touring Car

We start racing at 8:00pm

#17 ·
Your welcome Chris. Next time I get over to Xtreme on a Friday, I'll get new Road Course video, with the new track layout and some Touring car action (given thats getting popular) - and no, I am not getting a Touring car ..LOL
I can let you drive my TC around the track, it's not as bad as you may think. Do they race TC's at DR?

Toby don't worry I am not getting a touring car either. But I am getting a world GT car just cause you race that class LOL. :rolleyes:
:wave:

Mr. Extreme,

Can you pls. put a new track layout this friday (straightway on the other side) Thanxs
maybe like this.....( i dont know how to attach a pics but its from your website photo)
I'm confused. He switched the straight away and you drove on the same side of the straight anyways...? Track layouts should not be changed before the points series starts. Defeats the purpose on why drivers change rollouts and setups for a particular layout. :rolleyes:

I know there are some that don't care, but majority do care and spend a lot of time fixing and preparing their cars for a given track. :cry:

Let's keep things simple guys.

koopal (Ramil), don't forget, I need yesterdays video. ;)

#22 ·
I can let you drive my TC around the track, it's not as bad as you may think. Do they race TC's at DR?
Hey man, Its not that I think they're bad, I just don't trust myself to not want to get one :wave: But hell, i wouldn't mind a test drive anyways :)

Yeah, a few peops run them at DR, but usually not enough for one class and they end up with the WGT's :freak:

#20 ·
I change the track layout before every point series to make it fair. Some people don't have time to pratice. Anyway most people know how to set-up there car for any track. :rolleyes:

P.S. point series only starts when we have 8 guys or more in that class.
I am hoping to have 8 this friday to start one. :thumbsup:

#25 ·
I change the track layout before every point series to make it fair. Some people don't have time to pratice. Anyway most people know how to set-up there car for any track. :rolleyes:
You know you contradict yourself with the above statement?

Changing the track right before a point series only makes it harder for those that do not know setup. :freak: Once the faster guys get an idea on how to run the track, they share this info with fellow drivers (to help). Now the faster guys will not have the time, because they have to work on their own. Leaving the others behind.

Also, thought it was a minimum of 6 drivers for points, now it's 8? What's the incentive for anyone to race if there's no "series"? :confused: If it's for "fun", then maybe I will meet you guys at DR. :thumbsup:

"Keep it simple"

#24 ·
Hey Tobymiester I have a WGT but once again I dont think there enough of
them to run every week. When we get more of them out I will be glad to run
it. However I will be running it in Jackson once the weather break that the real
reason I have it.
As far any class there much of any thing being ran indoor at moonachie.
1/12 scale is at four or less
1/18 scale is the same.
WGT well nothing to say there
and last 1/10 is around six.

I like all the classes but at the moments there is no point series in
any class so why bother running all the cars with the risk of breaking
Just not worth. I like classes that can produce an a main and b main just gives the drivers something to work for.

Another thing i want to run TC in DR but like you said there's not a lot of them.
Plus Im not sure what motor or rules they have. I woyld hate to drive 1 hour an a half to find out im not legal to that track. Howver my car sits at roar legal as we speak I think that where im going to leave it.

Reply back when you get a moment.:)

#26 ·
Hi there,

yeah, I ran quite a bit at Xtreme in Oct/Nov 2009 with my WGT, 1/12 and 18R. But since the DR indoors season started , running both Friday @Xtreme and Sat @ DR is tough for me due to family stuff..

I ran my WGT @ Xtreme a week ago with Ramil. but yeah, there is usually only 2 or 3 of us. Chris is getting one, and Aj has one too so we may get up to 5 soon.
12th scale numbers have gone way down from Sept/Oct of last year.

Here are the rules for Touring at DR http://www.dirtrunners.com/documents/Rules/Indoor.htm#_Toc227384706

#31 ·
"Keep it simple" :cool:

Yes sir I agree, even thou we just race for fun (or its just me :jest: ). We should have rules or schedules to follow like:
*race time (be on time for your race)
*marshalls/corners (dont blame or shout @ them)
*coutesy (to the leader & other racers)
its a hobby that we all like, its competitive and a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Just my 2 cents, notting personal or anything & support our LHS. :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.