Hobbyist Forums banner

Marchon MR1

17K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  Bubba 123 
#1 ·
I need a little help.. I found this body at a toy sale that I want to customize but it didn't have a chassis that would fit on this odd body. I finally found a chassis that fits this body I have been playing with. Its a Marchon MR1. Does anyone know where to get parts for it.
Thanks
Bill

#5 · (Edited)
Thsi website depicts a lot of different chassis....very useful

http://www.modelmotorist.com/web-content/idchass.jsp

Montoya1 maybe means if this chassis is an original Marchon chassis (with classic pickups) or the later Hornby with braided wires pickups

Hornby/Scalextric bought Marchon in 94 or 95 and use first the classic Marchon chassis and then replace with their own built chassis, Hornby with braided wires

#15 ·
tomy motor?

i think the marchons and tomys use the same type of mabuchi can motor already. i used to buy MR1's just for the can motors, because for awhile you could get an entire MR! MkII for $3, and a replacement mabuchi motor was $4.

actually, according to SlotCarWorld's website, they still stock the Marchons for $3-4.50 depending on which chassis you buy.

i like the 22463 chassis. it has screwposts on the top of the chassis that can be used to very quickly mount a lexan body to the chassis. $3.50 for a chassis and $2 for a lexan body, so for less than $6 you have a really fun magnet car.

http://www.slotcarworld.com/

#18 ·
I find a lot of tyco parts (p/u,tires/wheels,gears, motor,guide pin etc.)can interchange depending on which marchon chasis it is.The old MR-1 is a copy of the tyco hp7.A lot of Marchon bodies are copies of tyco bodies as well if you look close.Marchon was a basicly tyco ripoff.

Neal

#20 ·
These chassis are actually real fun to mess with. We have experimented with them and found out if you trim the fat off the chassis,ind. fronts, silicon rears, and a green can from HO train store these babies will fly.some body post and a lexan does wonders.They need a class for these for us diehards who enjoy the odd stuff.

#24 ·
HP7 Clone

Your right the Artin has neos and I was "trying " to get one with a Slide Guide(TM) to go around my Artin 1/43 track that has the rails flush with the track and the thing just crawled ,too much df. If I had taller wheels and tires it may get off the ground... LOL RCH

#28 ·
A few years back someone did a book on Marchon MR-1. I remember the early chassis were very similar to Tyco's HP7 including the body mounts. Later they changed the mounting system a few times but they can be made to work. The chassis went through some simple and other were more dramatic. The first ones used a Mabuchi motor like the HP7 then they went to a Tomy Turbo type can motor. Improved on the magnets to neo type and were fairly quick for a bargain slot car in the day back in the 1990s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.