Hobbyist Forums banner

browns hobby shop and raceway in hammondsville ohio

49K views 595 replies 28 participants last post by  taylorsracing 
#1 ·
lets here all thoughts for this carpet oval and offroad track anyone have info and pics maybe even videos

#2 ·
My son and I have run there at Browns during the summer on the off-road track, very nice place, the owner Jeff, his wife and son are very helpful, very nice family run business. As you mentioned on the BD's forum, they just updated their indoor carpet track, outstanding venue for all sorts of classes, I will be heading that way soon with my MOD slider, 4WD and 2WD SCT's. Check out youtube for a few videos of the off-road track, I dont think I have seen any for the indoor carpet track. The last time I spoke with Jeff's son they were going to try and get a website up and running soon.

#3 ·
i also raced their outdoor offroad before would love to make a trip with my mod sprint,2wd corr,and my corr with latemodel body on it when i get it done i talked to jeff today and he said he was going to try and get pics up on facebook and they were going to see about getting there web site going again

#5 ·
thanks for the link....kind of a dead end for now... I too talked to the guy from Browns...I'm guessing it was Jeff he sounded older...well older then me.

From what i gathered is racing pricing is $7 for 1st class, $5 for 2nd class, $3 for 3rd class, and any other class after that is free. They do have transponders on hand, and they provide them for you. I asked him how much they were to rent and he almost laughed. He said they are free to use. I don't know if you get to hold on to it for the day like some other places or you put it in before race and everyone shares a few?

They also race not only Saturday but also on Sunday too. I think he said racing was starting up at 3pm on Saturday and Noon on Sunday. I'm not 100% on that Saturday start time. I'm looking to make my way down there maybe before xmas, but definately after. Looks like a nice easy ride down RT 11 to RT 7.

#8 ·
Yeah I posted that as soon as I found it, but they did put pic's up now. I might be interested in going down as thats not much of a longer drive for me than it is for you, Bill. I only live about 3 miles from I-80, so the directions only say it's about an hr or so for me to drive (88 Miles). I'll do that just to check it out.:thumbsup:

#6 ·
he told me sat start time was 4 and when i raced his outdoor track the transponder you used he ussually leaves you hold it for the day unless he changed they do have very nice hobby shop so hopefully sometime soon going to make the trip maybe see some of you guys there

#7 ·
hello everyone just letting you know jeff just put a few pics of the track on the hobby shop facebook page it is the link that was previously posted and to clarify a few things racing on sat. is at 4 racing on sunday is at noon and the pricing for racing as of now is 7 for the first class 5 for the second 3 for the third and all classes after that are free last weekend was there first weekend on the new track the he is planing on having the pit room finished by this weekend and i am shure he will have alot more pics up soon on his face book page it was fun racing with everyone that showed up this past weekend looking forward to seeing you all again

#13 ·
You will find that there are no rules per say, just class rules (I.E.- 2WD CORR truck, 4WD CORR truck, ETC), there are no rules as far as electronics, although the last time I spoke with Jeff he was thinking of adding a non-lipo class for the 1/18 scale guys.

#17 ·
There is another track in Stoneboro Pa too, it runs carpet and dirt. Both indoor tracks. Might be about the same travel distance for you. Big Dog Raceway. A lot of the same guys run at both places it's looking like. I haven't made it Browns yet, but talked to them on the phone, seem like nice people, and of the guys I do race w/ at Big Dogs they have had a lot of positive feedback about Browns.

Good luck w/ the wife.....been there do that.:freak:

#23 ·
stoney i will try to answer your question to the best of my knowledge mod sprint the guy that was pitting beside my last week was running an old 2 pole castle 4600kv with stock tires and the other mod sprints i saw were running a brushed motor with stock tires also and as far as late models the 1/18 most were running dynamite fuze 7000kv motors or castle 6800kv motors with stock or bsr foam tires they don't have a 1/10th 2wd late model class yet but the 4x4 1/10 late models were running a few different motors most were running the castle 1415(2400kv) or the rtr ten-scte 2800kv version of that motor but there was also a 1410(3800kv) and a couple vxl's as far as tires most were running blue compound trinity/team epic foam sc tires but a few liked how the stock slash 4x4 tires griped i hope this helps

Shawn

#26 ·
how is this track doing still planning on making the trip iam prob going to sell my ft t4 with practice body and a nip body never painted and three sets of tires and a bunch of parts pm me for more info iam selling as roller but would consider selling as an rtr

#28 ·
Dear Mr Flanson,

The classes that are offered at Browns are 4wd shortcourse oval, anything 2wd oval, and anything 1/10 scale open off road, 1/18 sprint and latemodel oval, also an open 18th scale oval, 1/10th scale sprints oval, just bought a mini eight, so add that to my list..oval and off road, 1/10 scale short course late model.

Batman and I have a car to enter every class except I do not have a 1/10 sc late model body. I guess I will get a body soon for that class.

Stop down and run...Awesome track and people.

#33 ·
racing today was alot of fun jeff and i counted all the entrys and we came up with 113 jeff says thank you to all that came out today and he hopes you will return soon now that all the holidays are done for a while racing will go back to the normal days and times sat at 4pm and sunday at noon

#35 ·
Good times at Brown Raceway. Congrats to that Slash driver that won the A-Main. Who was that boy? Was it a bird? Was it a plane ? Nope, it was the Batman !

Thanks Andy for letting me pull the wagon with your vehicles on it to the parking lot. It was a REAL HONOR !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.