Hobbyist Forums banner

Best truck for all around bashing???

15K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  ROCKY 1 
#1 ·
i need a truck that can take dirt, assphault, grass and other dry poundings, jumps, multiple runs in a day, no water just dry land bashing, no racing.

what would be the optimal truck or buggy you would suggest/

bear in mind i have had a
RC10GT2
t-maxx2.5
losi desert truck 1/10th

nothing thus far has been strong enough, and my spending limit is 500$

thanks, Tony

#2 · (Edited)
If you want ground clearance I'd say Stampede for most anything out there. If you break it, it will most likely be either a caster block, steering spindle, rear hub carrier, or idler gear in the tranny. Replace the suspension pieces with RPM items and take it easy with the reverse to forward (wheelies) and the truck is about bulletproof. If ground clearance isn't a real issue I'd say Slash because of the same basic design parts wise as the 'pede.

Edit - One other thing you might break is popping the caps off the shocks. Replace the shocks with aluminum units.

#5 ·
I second the E-Maxx. I have one (not the new model) and the thing is awesome for bashing. You can pick up the new one for around $350 and it was updated with Revo tranny, diffs, and slipper clutch, along with waterproof electronics including dual steering servos. Hey, it's big, 4WD, dual motors, and goes anywhere. If you don't want to go that route, the Stampede is a great basher too.

#8 ·
Raminator and Slash are cool too.. Parts availability at you local hobby shop should be considered.
The Slash is a lot of fun, but for bashing on all surfaces including grass , the smaller tires and lower suspension are a hinderance.
It all depends on where you want to run.

#12 ·
Buy A Savage 4.6 Rtr

Go to Tower Hobbies and pick up a RTR Savage 4.6 They are less than $500.

You'll have more power than you'll know what to do with. BB motor BABY. And the Savage platform is WAY tougher for bashing.

SAVAGE 4.6 Hands Down... It will make that 2.5 T-maxx look like a Tonka Toy.

#13 ·
Savage X 4.6 RTR is $399 at Amain. Phenominal truck for the money, and nitro is go-baby-go as long as you keep feeding it fuel. Just make sure to check which vehicle has the best parts support at your local hobby store (I'd buy the vehicle there as well, mine usually will match price). Traxxas and HPI usually have very good parts support at the local hobby stores. Plus, the Savage is notorious for being as durable as they come.

#17 ·
If you're referencing the Savage Flux HP, I'm seeing them going for $639.99. I've seen the Traxxas E-Revo Brushless Edition for $599.95, which I feel is a superior truck (especially since it's packin the Mamba Monster system). Either one is well beyond the $500 mark, and you still need to add in batteries and charger. Bet they're a blast though.

#18 ·
I Have A Hpi Wheely King 4x4. I Have Had The Truck For A Little Over A Year Now. It Has Survived A Belly Up In The Pond, Tumbles Down Hills, Flips On Its Side, Run Into Curbs And The Truck Comes Back For More! ! Nothing Has Broke As It Is One Tough Truck. Bone Stock. Will Go Through Anything Including Wet Stuff, Will Climb Up Hills Forward And Backwards And Does Wheelies All Day Long. I Have 3 Batteries Plus I Take My Field Charger With Me When I Go Out To Bash Around. It Is A Blast To Drive And You Can Pick One Up For Around 200 Bucks. It Has Tons Of Upgrade Potential. When Mine Finally Breaks I Am Planning On Turning It Into A Cool Looking Monster Basher. Awesome Truck Check Into It. I Think You Will Be Glad You Did! !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.