Hobbyist Forums banner

AW Studios- 1/350 TOS Constitution

28K views 342 replies 54 participants last post by  Vaderman 
#1 · (Edited)
AW Studios- 1/350 TOS Constitution- New Pics Added

AW Studios is excited and pleased to announce that we have recently purchased the "Master Parts" of the 1/350th TOS Constitution/Sinclair model kit originally being produced by Composite Creations. We have received the main ship parts (Engineering, saucer, nacelles, B/C deck) as well as parts for the detail pieces. Our sincerest appreciation goes out to Joe Melvin for handcrafting these great parts. We still consulting with CC in order to on perfect these parts to get them right.

Currently we have done several vacuformed test pulls using .060 and .080 styrene with very exciting results. We are in the process of making some slight modifications to the main hull sections as well as fabricating the remaining detail pieces that will be cast in resin. Our main fabricator is working extremely hard to create acurate detail pieces and continue to hold true the original intention for producing this kit for Star Trek model fans.

This model kit, when completed will be a combination of vacuformed styrene and resin detail parts as well as decal sheets. The styrene will be both .060 and .080 and believe me it is almost as sturdy as the PL Refit injection molded parts. You will also be able to light this model utilizing tubing that will be cast into the pylons.

AW Studios is GK company comprised of three model/prop fans (myself- Scott, AWHotshot- Rhett, and Crashmann- Charlie) such as yourselves. As some of you may know, AW Studios is curently working on several Star Trek, Star Wars, and other Sci-Fi related model kits (1/350- Constellation, 1/350th- Miranda, 1/350th Dreadnought Conversion, Sebulba Podracer, Red October) as well as our current product line of Ghostbuster Props. We hope to have some of these going into production by April and May (after Crashmann recovers from having his 3rd child).

Within the next few weeks I will be posting the pictures of what we currently have produced with the current TOS parts and pictures of the additional detailed parts that will be cast in resin. Our ultimate goal is to provide you all with a reasonably affordable TOS model kit that is accurate, lightable, and fun to work with. The kit will be available directly through us via Paypal payment. When we are ready to start producing the kit we will start an "Official" Interest thread, but you are more than welcome to e-mail us at awstudios@verizon.net or PM me through PM here or Starship Modeler.

Stay tuned for more exciting news from AW Studios!

Scott, Rhett, and Charlie
AW Studios

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad to hear the official announcement, Scott.

I think I've asked you this before, but are y'all planning to be at WonderFest? If so, will you have a table in the Dealers Room?

Regardless, looking forward to your complete line of kits. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Scott, great to hear the announcement :)

I know just how hard you guys are working. Joe did a fantastic job with the masters. From what I have seen, the kit will be fantastic!!

#6 ·
Scott-

WOW. I had no idea you were making such amazing progress as well as the variety of kits. When do you guys have time to breathe? I suppose you're bringing some of these goodies to Farpoint for show and tell?

BTW, I know we've been playing phone tag lately. I got your voicemail about Farpoint. I'll likely call you over the coming weekend.

Phil

#7 ·
Kanaan said:
Scott-

WOW. I had no idea you were making such amazing progress as well as the variety of kits. When do you guys have time to breathe? I suppose you're bringing some of these goodies to Farpoint for show and tell?

BTW, I know we've been playing phone tag lately. I got your voicemail about Farpoint. I'll likely call you over the coming weekend.

Phil
;)...hhmmmm maybe...... Phill, Can't wait to talk to you this weekend.

Scott

#14 ·
Kanaan said:
Scott-

Who says he's doing all the work? You should see the whip marks on my backside!!!

i sense I've said to much . . . . :p

We'll both be at Farpoint and will be bringing the pain in the modle competition!!! Cant wait to meet you Phil! Didn't get to at Shore Leave!

#16 ·
Rhett-

Awesome, man! I look forward to meeting you if I haven't already. I was not a dealer last Shore Leave but will be this year (as well as Farpoint next weekend).

My table will be in the main dealer room. The Collective will likely be out in the hallway along the front windows of the hotel and Mike Riehl, the other model dude, is usually at the corner by the escalators.

I wonder if Farpoint yet realizes that the models are taking over their convention...muahahahahaha.....surrender now!!

Phil

#18 ·
Kanaan said:
Rhett-

Awesome, man! I look forward to meeting you if I haven't already. I was not a dealer last Shore Leave but will be this year (as well as Farpoint next weekend).

My table will be in the main dealer room. The Collective will likely be out in the hallway along the front windows of the hotel and Mike Riehl, the other model dude, is usually at the corner by the escalators.

I wonder if Farpoint yet realizes that the models are taking over their convention...muahahahahaha.....surrender now!!

Phil
Models, and Props and Costumes...Oh MY!

#21 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,
I am a little confused here about what’s going on. Are these conversion kits fo the polar light 1/350 refit kit or are these full blown kits? If there are kits does that mean I can finley get a good Reliant in1/350 scale if so I what one!!!! ;-)
Sorry for the confusion on my part and thanks

#23 ·
No. These will all be full kits except for the Dreadnought. We are currentlt working on our website and hope to have something up soon.

Some of these have been in develoment for over a year and are finally finishing up. Purachasing the TOS masters from Composite Creations was an opportunity that we could not pass up.

To say that we are excited about the next several months would be an understatement.

Scott
AW Studios

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.