Hobbyist Forums banner

1935 ford tow truck finished

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  saintsfan56 
#1 ·
im done with it for now. I will finish the back tow area later.

the interrior

made the exhaust stacks -boom bubble gum light and rear boom 2 lights - made the extra hydrolic's on the boom - made the mirriors - front bumper - and the air cleaner from brass and nickel. it came off an old watch I had laying around.:wave:

See less See more
#5 ·
Wow Gunn...

I'm blown away by the sheer level of detail on this truck! My favorite part is the...the...the everything! The one thing that I am wondering about is whether or not it has windows.

By the way Lummox, Gunn posted an "in progress" thread that answers all of your questions.

Yip! Yip! Yowwwwwl!

#9 ·
thanks guys.
lum - it's a route 66 casting that was a tow truck to begin with. I had 2 so I chopped the rear bed and tow rig off. the boom is m2 and jl mix.
seajay21 yes the glass is installed. and no I don't plan dirtying it up. if it was just a junk yard truck I would. but this is a working street rig.

mikecast. I use ruddy brown primer from krylon and I bought the 4 step rusting from micro mark. I also bought the 24 chalk pastel box from wally world for 5 bucks. I scrape them making powder and use 70% alcohol to make my own wash. or I will use cheap folk art acrylic paint and thin it down with water or alcohol.
I plan on getting the 12 powders from micro mark very soon.
the key to using what I have is don't over do it. light suttle colors in different areas look more real. I haven't got this down yet. but with practice I will.
thanks again for the comments:wave:

#12 ·
well she won first place over at swiftys where ward put on a custom contest.
chorton49 won second place and bubbajoe won 3rd place. I cant wait to recive the prize it's a book on tow trucks. I will post pics of what I get here on this post.
thanks again for all the comments:wave:
and thanks ward for the contest:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.