Hobbyist Forums banner

Performance Hobbies & Raceway Gaylord MI

37K views 507 replies 30 participants last post by  harmocy 
#1 · (Edited)
Performance Hobbies & Raceway Gaylord MI On-Road

Hey guys and gals we have a new premiere race track in northern Michigan!!! It is located in Gaylord MI!!! It is on M32 just west of i75 in the Big Lots shoping center!!! We have a 9000 sqft facility with a 48 by 70 carpet track!!! It is a Snowbirds style track that has been elevated off of the floor and has awesome grip!!! We have an awesome pit area that has plenty of electrial and built in tables for everyone!!! We also have a full line hobby shop on site so serve all your hobby needs!!! Our grand opening will be on April 29!!! Our track schedual will be Sunday through Tuesday off road style track and Wednesday through Saturday on-road style track!!! All vehicles are welcome!!! Our race schedual for onroad is going to be Thursday evenings with sign in closing at 6:45 and racing starting at 7pm!!! If we have enough interest we will do oval on the same night as it only takes a few mins to change back and fourth!!! We will also try and do a every Saturday race program!!! So come and check us out!!!
The number is (989)448-8656!!!:wave:

#6 ·
Well the one that I am running is the TOP photon. Which is probably the best bang for your buck. The TC5 is pretty good too. If you are looking to spend a lot then the Xray is a solid platform with a lot of support. But for me TOP is the way to go right now. :thumbsup:

#23 ·
Just wanted everyone to know that the jumps are down and will stay that way for the rest of the summer except to throw a few up once in a while and taken back down!!! We are getting ready for the IIC in Vegas the first week of September!!! So bring those 1/12, WGT cars and sedans out!!! But as always you can run any car on the track as long as you have the correct tires on the vehicle!!!
Hope to see everyone out real soon!!!
TRACK IS ALWAYS OPEN!!!
12-8 Monday through Friday and 10-6 on Saturday and Sunday

#39 ·
The thing about it is that you can use your system from your off-road stuff in the 1/12 for the winter and put it back in the summer!!! 1 cell batteries are cheap I just bought 2 thunder power 5000 40c for 40$ from a guy on here and a super new race 5300 50c is about 80$ so it is way cheaper in that respect and the speed is second to none with a pan car!!!

#48 ·
Not sure what "rudder" tires are but rubber tires are about 30$ a set. And if you are running them a lot they last about a two weeks. :) And by a lot I mean a few times a day. Depending on the brand, I guess some last longer than others. I used to run my outdoor tires until you could see the belts. :) but the indoor carpet I don't think I could get away with putting that many laps on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.