Hobbyist Forums banner

Raleigh, North Carolina Toy & Hobby Show

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Ovalhead 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if there will be 1/64 slot cars & acc. displayed at this show. Are there any Hobby Talk members planning on attending ?

Raleigh, North Carolina January 22-23, 2011

Toy & Hobby Show

N.C. State Fairgrounds, 1025 Blue Ridge Rd
Show Hours: Saturday 9-4, Sunday 10-4
# of Tables: 175
Admission: Adults $5 daily, Age 15 & under FREE, Weekend Pass $7, Free Parking

For those that who don't remember, this was the site where the last NASCAR DIRT TRACK RACE was held in September of 1970, the Home State 200 won by Richard Petty on a borrowed car.

I really believe if NASCAR would drop 2 of the 1 1/2 mile cookie cutter tracks and add another nice road course and one heck of a 3/4 mile dirtphalt track, it would be a plus for more fans to watch.

But like I always say, "My best thinking is what got me here"

"A Winner is a loser that gave it one more try" :thumbsup:

See less See more
#5 ·
Well since the weather high will be in the 30's tomorrow, 1/22/11, it will be perfect to go indoors for a show. I've been to Model Railroad Shows, Flying Model Aircraft Shows and dozens of Kart Racing Shows before but this is my first Toy & Hobby Show.

Sure hope they have some cool item's to check out. If anyone else plans on going, I'll be wearing one of my Kart Racing Sponsors Hoodies ( Black w/ Orange MAXXIS Racing Tires written on it. ) Stop me, I would like to meet some fellow Hobby Talk members face to face. :)

Until then, keep your pin in the slot or your flag in the groove ! :wave:

Cliff

#6 ·
I won't be able to make it over to Raleigh this weekend for the Toy Show. If you run into any HO guys just let them know about the racing we are doing here in NC. You may give them my contact info and you may also want to mention the great Message Forums here on the 'Net.(Hobby Talk and I don't know if it is okay to mention the others) E-mail me privately and I'll send you the others.

Bob Weichbrodt
Rawafx@msn.com
Winston-Salem, NC

#7 · (Edited)
Bob, I'm just now seeing your post. We just got home and if it tells you anything, we came home with Baseball pictures. Maybe there will be a show with more slot related items somewhere. There were a hundred or so wore-out damaged T-Jets ranging from $10.00-$50.00. But that was just two vendors. They may have been some collectibles but I have not played with the ole faithful T-Jets for many years now.

We still had a fun day.

I still like collecting the T-Jet bodies though.

Loose center off,
Cliff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.