Hobbyist Forums banner

Dick Trickle Superamerica Firebird

4K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  MrGilbwrench 
#1 ·
Just finished this one up. It's a replica of Dick's 1977/78 ride. Once again, this is an HO scale slot car that is race ready. This is as close as I'll get to driving one of his cars!

See less See more
#3 ·
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fantastic!

Reminds of all the late models back in the day . . . coverage of the All-American 400 in Stock Car Racing magazine . . . ASA vs AllPro . . . great stuff as always from you.

I need to turn some of my slot buds onto your bods.

#12 ·
MrGilbwrench,

Picked up a couple of those Camaro bodies from you last summer and have one sitting on the stick cleaned up and in primer. Waiting for a heat wave so, I can spray it.

Those are some great Dirt Racers! Nice very, very, very nice...

Bob...will be doing up a "what if this was my 1/1 racer" build of the Camaro...zilla

#16 ·
Wow!!!!!

Hi MrGilbwrench
That is some excellant craftmanship! :thumbsup: I remember running against those same cars "back in the day" at Milwaukee, Slinger, Salem, Winchester and The St Paul Fairgrounds among other short asphalt tracks thruought the midwest and south.. Do you sell these bodies & decals?? (I hope) If so I want at least 2 of each! PM me with contact info.

Thanks!
Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.