Hobbyist Forums banner

C57-D accessories kit?

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Calamus 
#1 ·
Someone was working on a set of blaster cannons and possibly other items for the 1/72 C57-D kit that looked pretty far along--but I haven't seen mention of progress for quite a few months now. Is this still planned for release?

#2 ·
I haven't heard about those accessories before.

I would also like to add to your post Jbond if I may, to any 'after market' guys out there for a fusion core lighting system, with a big enough hole in the middle of the circuit board for the Middle Landing leg to go up and down. And to add to that, a motor and gear set to retract and lower that landing leg as well.

#5 ·
Modeleer and I were working on the the parts. It was he and I who created the replacement dome part. I have an almost-finished Id Monster and he has created parts for the cannons. Unfortunately, real life intervened when I lost my job and had to start my own business. I have done little modeling since as I have been trying to dig myself out of debt. I only know Modeleer from calls and emails- but he wears lots of hats and probably got tied up in other projects as I know he also has had a hard time financially of late. Things are slowly looking up and I hope to get back in the saddle soon. I'll post a photo soon of the Id sculpture in progress.

#10 ·
C57-D Accessories kit

If there is enough interest we could make another run. The dome is heavy plastic and each one is trimmed and sanded before we ship them, plus so many must be run before it is worth while. The manufacturer charges for set-up and such. It does really make a difference in how the finished kit looks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.