Hobbyist Forums banner

TOUR 13.5 Nationwide/Spec Question

5K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Taurus_X 
#1 ·
So, since it seems 17.5 Open is on the way out as a "full" class, and the D3.5 17.5's probably won't be legal next year, what's the "hot ticket" motor for 13.5 Spec/Nationwide? I'm running a SMC/Power Push 7000mAh and the Mamba Max Pro 1-cell.

#5 ·
the 17.5 class is still strong here in FL Minreg had a good turn out for both classes and strickland always has a bunch of both classes. I'll bet the birds has plenty in both classes.

The class that is getting lower turn outs is 13.5 open.

I have not heard anything about the D3.5 17,5 getting dropped from TOUR classes. Except a few here on HT.....and that is wishfull thinking. I am afraid too many racers own them and like them.

I don't know what going on locally where your at. The 13.5 class is growing since they came out with the Gen3.

#6 · (Edited)
Yeah, I run a traveling series, and we're lucky to get five or six cars in 17.5 Open, although, in our pre-season poll, there was like nearly 20 guys that said they'd run 17.5 Open.

As for the D3.5 17.5 motor, I thought I had read in the TOUR forums that after April (the end of this carpet season), the D3.5 17.5 motor would be "illegal" in that class (I also thought that I had read that after January 1, 2014, that motor would not be ROAR-legal, either, but, since carpet season goes through April, TOUR would let it run this year).

**EDIT**: After looking around, this is what I found:

Under the terms of the agreement, the TRINITY D3.5/17.5 Trinity motor will be reinstated on the ROAR approved list on July 1, 2013 and will remain on that list through the first quarter of 2014, upon the release of the new TRINITY D4/17.5, when it will be removed. Trincorp has guaranteed this will occur before March 30, 2014.
So it's looking like yet another "must-have" <?> motor will be coming later on.

13.5 Spec/Nationwide *is* about the largest class now, drawing nearly as many cars as 17.5 Sportsman Truck (well, I guess now it's TOUR "SuperTruck").

#10 ·
I wished all the Trinity motors would be banned and we started running Novak or TP motors it would make everything more even and fair. I got one motor from Trinity (13.5) that read 13.0 13.0 12.9 and the rotor was 15.20/-15.23 the next motor was 12.6 12.6 12.7 and the rotor was 15.45/-15.53. Not saying there a bad company but at least make things more fair and quit the 5% bull. My 2 cents

#17 ·
Did anyone answer your question? The high torque rotor Turquoise. Free rev Amps set at 2.5 +/- (its about 17 degree advance on my motor and 20 on my friends I just messed with.

The tires I would have to know what car you are using I have gotten a good handle on my KCM....and I can transfer that information to the KSG SCX or most link cars. But I would be afraid to help with a t-plate car the last 2 times I treid that class with a t-plate I was well.....horrible. I think I may have finished last at the birds last year.....or damn near. I never tested...I showed up with my old gen 3 and nothing i knew helped.

Are you going to run the Birds this year? I know you moved.

#13 ·
I have something to say again about Trinity and there 5% bs I ordered 2 high torque rotors last week. Saturday when we got to the track I had the checked to see the numbers on them they were horrible I could have thrown them in the trash bad. Another person was there with 2 non 5% high torque rotors that were better than what I had. I'm really mad about this I mean really if I'm gonna pay the extra money quite being a jackass and send the actule 5% stuff. I have spent so much this year with Trinity I could have got another KSG car, 1-2 Novak or TP motors, 2-3 smc batteries.

#14 ·
I hate to see racers getting burned buy so called "Top notch" stuff. But this is preceisely why I don't "drink the Koolaid" when a sponsored driver gets on here and rants and raves about how good a product is.. When I see a majority of people running a product, I can only assume its good, plus I ask racers that I trust for their opinions on stuff before I make any purchases. I rac eon a budget and i don't want to get stuck with equipment that isn't gonna help me run fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.