Hobbyist Forums banner

Lindburg/Glencoe Lunar Lander

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Steve H 
#1 ·
Built out of the box, the only difference are on the decals and the astronaut.

Thanks for looking.:wave:

See less See more
#8 ·
Fun?! I recall lining up the support frame was a stone cold nightmare! :)

(naturally, this was with Testors tube glue, nothing but a #11 blade and that's it for tools, back in the day. I only knew about X-Acto due to reading all the car model mags!)

I've a mind to see what can be done with this kit in a 'modern' revision way. More bracing for the tanks, thermal blankets, more pipes, storage containers for cargo, etc.

and a sane way to egress! :)

Great job, Lloyd!

#9 ·
Very nice Lloyd. That is a fun kit to build.

I don't remember the words on the foot decal?

Like Steve wrote, how were the struts in your kit?
I've a mind to see what can be done with this kit in a 'modern' revision way. More bracing for the tanks, thermal blankets, more pipes, storage containers for cargo, etc.
Updating that kit is also a lot of fun. So many possibilities.

Be sure to share your results.

#10 ·
Thanks Steve and Jay!

I glued the four support legs on first, then the smaller bracing then larger one, all done upside down, then put the base one to aline it, and let dry upside down.
I like you idea of added parts to update it.

The foot decal came with the Glencoe kit. I had both of the kits, and switched parts. If you notice the ports on the Command section, red and clear.

#11 ·
Lloyd, there's something that's always bothered me about those porthole windows...the bulging just seems odd to me. I've always wondered if they're not supposed to go in the other way so they're flush with the hull and it was an instruction sheet mixup long, long ago that never got corrected.

Has anyone ever dry-fit the clear part to see how it fits if the bulge is on the inside of the kit?

#13 ·
Has anyone ever dry-fit the clear part to see how it fits if the bulge is on the inside of the kit?
They don't fit very well that way. The tabs are long, but not long enough to overcome the inner curve. You would have to work on the outer part of the port anyway, might as well use clear sprue. besides, there are better uses for for those clear parts; tanks, landing skids, weapons blisters...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.