Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010-2011 Indoor Dirt Oval at Battle Front Gaming and R/C - Grandville, MI

146K views 3K replies 75 participants last post by  Tdevil 
#1 ·
Time to gear up for the indoor oval season.

The first Saturday oval program will take place on October 2. We will be devoting Saturdays completely to the oval program. Practice will start when the doors open at 9 a.m. We will be moving the start time up a couple of hours to 3:00 to allow us to finish a bit earlier on those nights when we have 15 heats to run through.

Classes will be as follows:

Short Course (roval)
Slash Late Model - Open?
Sprints - open
Truck/EDM - 13.5
Mini Late Model - open
2wd Late Model - 13.5
4wd Late Model - 13.5
Bomber - 17.5

Winter schedule will look like this:

Friday night - Off-road/Oval program (just like we currently run) - 7:00 3 heats and mains.

Saturday - Oval program (roval for short course) - 3:00 3 heats and mains.

Sunday - Off-road program (family day) - 1:00 3 heats and mains.

We are looking for an earlier start time and more practice before racing, hence the elimination of Saturday morning off-road. We will run it on occasion for special events such as the Turkey Day Classic.

See less See more
#1,749 ·
The track is run in and in great shape for Saturday
Thanks to all that came and help run it in we were already down in the 4.7s at the end of the night.
After driving Nicks car on foams I am going to give it a try, I will never know until I try. I did get the sprint down in the 4.7s as well and there is a lot left there, I think its ready for a 13.5 again !
The mini sprint with the brushless is wicked fast I had to take all the timing out to get around the track but it has potential:thumbsup:

See you all Saturday !

#1,773 ·
It's gonna take a little more tuning to get the sprint track record from Butch,it ran much better in the mains on the foam tires just gonna need to get more flat out speed to get it done.after the races were over me and Nick were blasting some decent laps and Nick was able to start laying down some serious motor,looking forward to next week.
Pretty good turn out with 38 entries and most of the regulars were not even there, oval is growing again and the track is in great condition.
John h you still have some work to do to bad your running a custom works car and not a UEI,you would already be fast then. LOL

#1,774 · (Edited)
Those who were there know the truth :) and besides I got TQ! Feels good to have a good night of racing. I think everyone did a great job of being considerate to the quicker cars. And did you guys see Duane made the. A through the heats. And Chris did a great job of keeping his cool and made the A via the b- main bump. Just gotta say thanks to the guys at custom works for providing such an easy car to drive, and the guys at twisted RC for selling me the parts that keep it going and john at BFG for having this place to run at each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.