Hobbyist Forums banner

AeroShuttle Images

13K views 62 replies 24 participants last post by  Madkoifish 
#1 ·
For you Prince of Styrene II! :)

Attachments

See less See more
#30 · (Edited)
Rob,I will be glad to see the D-4. Ever since I saw it in the calendar, I was really curious about it. Let me say, that ever year, I really look forward to the new Ships of the Line calendar. Your work, and the work of the other artist are always so awesome, and such a thrill for this old Trek fan to see. Thanks!:thumbsup:

The Space Shuttle is a brick glider. Except for no power, it is a plane.

#32 · (Edited)
Thanks for the nice words Lloyd. I will also pass it on to the other Calendar artists!

And the Aeroshuttle wings are kinda silly. Unless there actually going to be airfoils, why bother with the extra mass those antigrav units have to deal with! (nerd alert!) It might as well be a Runabout. It's making me really want to redesign those things. Hmmmm...

Oh and about the D-4, I guess my least favorite thing on it is the engines. They look like they are from Picard's time, not pre-OS. However, the rest of it has that bulky primitive Klingony feel that I think would work. Always hard to reconcile today's FX abilities and exepctations with trying to stay true to something looking more primitive than TOS.

#33 ·
Lloyd Collins said:
Rob,I will be glad to see the D-4. Ever since I saw it in the calendar, I was really curious about it. Let me say, that ever year, I really look forward to the new Ships of the Line calendar. Your work, and the work of the other artist are always so awesome, and such a trill for this old Trek fan to see. Thanks!:thumbsup:
Dittos, here! Great work! I like seeing the details up close and such never-seen scenes as the refit of the original 1701 to the refit. :thumbsup:

#35 ·
Getting up close to the D-4, that is a mean looking ship. That would have really scared the Enterprise. It is such a shame, that it was not used. Koji was right to refuse further work on it, after all he did, they should have been grateful and the fans were the losers.
Thanks for posting them, Rob!

#38 ·
Thanks for those images Rob. They are very much appreciated. It's too bad that something is banal as a few windows caused it's ultimate fate. Koji did indeed do a fine job with this design. I do have to agree about the engines though. They really should be clunkier. They almost look (24th C.) Romulan, if that makes any sense.

#43 ·
Thank you NX01Rob for those totally awesome images of the Aeroshuttle and the D-4 Klingon Battlecruiser. I am literally in awe of the fine craftsmanship and detail to the fine magnificent craft and starships. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Many credits should also go to Koji for all his hard work and dedication for making John Eaves battlecruiser a reality. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Sarvek

#44 ·
Incredible Images! The talent behind Enterprise really floors me.

Of course there are two types of adminstrators:
A) Those that are there for support and leadership of a team, and
B) those who just allow their egos to get in the way of the team.
We have all met both kinds.

Too bad we couldn't have seen these babies fly!!

#46 ·
nx01Rob said:
Oh and about the D-4, I guess my least favorite thing on it is the engines. They look like they are from Picard's time, not pre-OS. However, the rest of it has that bulky primitive Klingony feel that I think would work.
I was trying to remember what that rear view reminds me of . . .

[IMG-LEFT]http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/attachment.php?attachmentid=26171 [/IMG-LEFT]

#47 ·
Rob,

Thanks so much for these orthos. It's great that we can finally see these designs that you guys worked so hard to create.

Two questions:

1. You mentioned a while back that you had orthos of the "Starfleet Delta" ship that accompanied the "Half-Saucer" as Earth Starfleet's two original types of ships. Will you ever be showing those as well?

2. Was there ever a full CGI model made of the Enterprise-J from "Azati Prime?" I know that a small section of the saucer's underside was seen in the episode, and that an oblique view was shown in last year's calendar, but it looked like it was a matte painting, not a model.

#48 ·
Your all welcome for the images. :)

I will try to get you the "starfleet Delta" soon enough. As for the E-J, I had nothing to do with that model. It was built by Doug Drexler. From what I understand, it was done quick and dirty, so was not really detailed in any way like a model we would use in multiple shots.

#50 ·
Rob may still have images of that available,
but from what I understand they used the model of an old Klingon battlecruiser from Voyager, the one from the episode in which they came across a ship full of Klingon religous zealots in the Delta Quadrant who had been traveling their for decades.

Anybody remember the name of the episode?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.