Hobbyist Forums banner

"Island of Lost Souls" Sayer of the Law

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Mark McGovern 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
"You! You made us in the house of pain! You made us...things! Not men! Not beasts! Part man...part beast...things!"

Beautiful and very natural-looking paint work on a terrific sculpt! Having finally seen the movie for the first time only a few months ago, I wouldn't mind getting this kit myself.

#5 ·
Great work on a great kit! Love this classic movie. Frightened the he!! out of me when I saw it as a boy. I remember watching it on the tv on a Sat afternoon and trying to fight off sleep that night because I didn't want 'them' to get me in the House of Pain.

A beautiful rendition Tim :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Regards,
MattL

#10 ·
I actually saw it for the first time with a friend when I was 12 years old in a theater; it was on a double-bill with "Freaks"...
Tim,

Island of Lost Souls AND Freaks on the same bill? And you saw these movies at age 12 !?! That explains a lot... :freak:

Impressive work on this model. That especially goes for the graded hairline of the backs of the Sayer's hands and the areas of his face where the hard edges weren't indicated. Getting a natural-looking hairline can make or break a convincing figure.

Here's a small carp, about the size of an underbourished smelt: the Sayer's clothes look really clean; I don't recall a "visit the laundry regularly" clause in The Law. :hat:

#11 ·
Really nice build up Tim and I am another who has never seen the film, or actually hadn't even heard of it until you posted this. But whatever you did an outstanding job on the creature, he's much better looking than the classic Aurora wolfman! I really like you detail work and colors, great job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.