View Full Version : Here's the scoop on the Secret Super Treasure Hunts

markkaz
10-09-2011, 12:41 PM
15 Treasure Hunts (on green-stripe, Treasure Hunt Cards).
15 "Superized" basics (in the regular Collector Series).
30 different models.

2012 Super Treasure Hunt Official Information! - YouTube

z06
10-09-2011, 02:08 PM
That seems like a much better plan. The old supers had the $ which just screamed out to scalpers.

SFcobra65
10-09-2011, 02:11 PM
This is going to be interesting:p.... But if these new "Hidden" supers are going to be on Regular mainline cards , then i would think they would not be really considerd "Treasure Hunts"...but just a Fancy Mainline car:freak:. Also , i'm a bit cornfused on one part , Regular "Treasure Hunts" will be on THunt cards , but will the "Supers" that will be placed in the mainline be Super versions of the Regular TH's or are these going to be all Different?

Liv N Low
10-09-2011, 02:25 PM
This is going to be interesting:p.... But if these new "Hidden" supers are going to be on Regular mainline cards , then i would think they would not be really considerd "Treasure Hunts"...but just a Fancy Mainline car:freak:. Also , i'm a bit cornfused on one part , Regular "Treasure Hunts" will be on THunt cards , but will the "Supers" that will be placed in the mainline be Super versions of the Regular TH's or are these going to be all Different?

30 different cars

15 in regular green packs
15 in mainline collector packs

SFcobra65
10-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks for clearing that part up....:thumbsup:

54belair
10-09-2011, 02:45 PM
15 Treasure Hunts (on green-stripe, Treasure Hunt Cards).
15 "Superized" basics (in the regular Collector Series).
30 different models.

Isn't this actually 2 different models; 15 THs and 15 "Superized"...?:confused::confused:

:wave:

Liv N Low
10-09-2011, 03:19 PM
From what I undserstand is that their is 30 different cars for the TH Series... 15 Regular on green cards that say pick me pick me and 15 hidden Supers in the mainline collector series that will take a scalper some time out of their day to look through all the cars pegged or boxed

CraigO
10-09-2011, 03:52 PM
In other words, there are still 30 hunts and this is a smokescreen by mattel to sell more cars.

WLhunter
10-09-2011, 06:14 PM
From what I undserstand is that their is 30 different cars for the TH Series... 15 Regular on green cards that say pick me pick me and 15 hidden Supers in the mainline collector series that will take a scalper some time out of their day to look through all the cars pegged or boxed

That's gonna make for a fun time at the bin-o-death.

(well, assuming the store dumps the cases in without cherrypicking first)

z06
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I wonder how we will know which mainline cars will have a "Super" version. Maybe just as they show up?

construction153
10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the vid Mark. This is going to be interesting, but I do think the scalpers will catchup to them. Shiny spectra flame paint job, and rubber wheels, will stand out on the pegs. It still has a color coded tab, so you can still find them in the pegs (based on what series it is in). I'm going to keep my eyes open for them.

Full Flaps!
10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm wondering what this "collector series" packaging is all about. If anything, that sounds like it would make a Super Hunt much more obvious.

rattlehed
10-09-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm wondering what this "collector series" packaging is all about. If anything, that sounds like it would make a Super Hunt much more obvious.

What is commonly referred to as a "collector series" is for example "first editions", "Mopar Muscle", "Hw Race Team", etc. and is nothing more than a common segment within the mainline releases. All of the "supers" will not fall into the same series. TH#1 is the Super Bee from Mopar Mania and the 2nd super is from Muscle Mania 12. As a matter of coincidence they both happen to have a blue stripe. I would not be suprised to see "supers" from other series' that maybe have an orange or red stripe as well. Only time will tell. As stated the packaging will be no different than the common super bee being displaced by the super hunt in the same packaging.

z06
10-09-2011, 09:08 PM
That's how I took it.Regular packaging with a super version of the the same regular car. Will they list somewhere which series and car will be the TH?
I guess what I am asking is how did you know about the Super Bee or is that just an example?

What is commonly referred to as a "collector series" is for example "first editions", "Mopar Muscle", "Hw Race Team", etc. and is nothing more than a common segment within the mainline releases. All of the "supers" will not fall into the same series. TH#1 is the Super Bee from Mopar Mania and the 2nd super is from Muscle Mania 12. As a matter of coincidence they both happen to have a blue stripe. I would not be suprised to see "supers" from other series' that maybe have an orange or red stripe as well. Only time will tell. As stated the packaging will be no different than the common super bee being displaced by the super hunt in the same packaging.

MykTurk
10-09-2011, 10:47 PM

Not to split hairs but, the packaging IS different... No pics, but do a quick search of the 'bay and compair the regular Super Bee and the "Super" Super Bee. Look at the hoods... There IS a difference. Thanks for the report Mark!!!

rattlehed
10-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Not to split hairs but, the packaging ID different... No pics, but do a quick search of the 'bay and compair the regular Super Bee and the "Super" Super Bee. Look at the hoods... There IS a difference. Thanks for the report Mark!!!

You are not the first person I have heard that from, I have just never taken the time to compare the 2 images.

Z06 it is simple, go to HWC.com and look around. Since these cars are "super secret" you won't find any sneaks from Mattel, BUT members will post pics fresh from other countries the minute they find them and you will know what they are LONG before they hit the states. A person from Maylasia has already postd a pic of the second "super", it is a Chevelle.

z06
10-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Thanks. The green stripe was far too obvious, but without some sort of nudge, it would be like looking for that old needle in a haystack!:p

You are not the first person I have heard that from, I have just never taken the time to compare the 2 images.

Z06 it is simple, go to HWC.com and look around. Since these cars are "super secret" you won't find any sneaks from Mattel, BUT members will post pics fresh from other countries the minute they find them and you will know what they are LONG before they hit the states. A person from Maylasia has already postd a pic of the second "super", it is a Chevelle.

ECchopper
10-10-2011, 10:10 AM
LONG before they hit the states. A person from Maylasia has already postd a pic of the second "super", it is a Chevelle.

Not to be confused with the regular '69 Chevelle Hunt which has been shown on HWC, the second Super is a '67 Chevelle, from the Muscle Mania 12 series.

camaro marty
10-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Just my thought E-Bay makes it to easy,look on there and see what th.s are listed and what to look for .
Oh and there is already a third 2012 th.showing.

markkaz
10-11-2011, 04:14 PM
I doubt that stockers really keep up with the desirable cars. They only know to pull the 'green strip' ones. They don't make the effort to checking eBay. Well, except for the ones that sell on eBay...

Mr.Lobo
10-11-2011, 10:36 PM
So that's whats going on with the Super Bee.

z06
10-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Gonna put a whole new twist on cracking cases.;)

WLhunter
10-12-2011, 12:44 PM
OK I'm confused about one thing...the Supers will be on regular series car packages but will there also be a normal variation car in those series as well? Ie...if the Super Hot Seat (just an example) comes in the "Crush Em and Flush Em" series (as #7/10), will there also be a regular variation Hot Seat on that same card (#7/10)? Otherwise people will just have to make a list of the series cars that don't have a normal variation (only a Super in it) and pick those off.

Firebirds
10-12-2011, 12:49 PM
lol crush em n flush em!

and yes theres a regular mainline version of the secret super.

tamiyatim
10-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Didn't "Real Riders" used to cost the same as the mainline hotwheels back in the 80's?? Why don't they just make some mainline cars with some cool wheels? why do they have to be treasure hunts?? they don't impress me... nor would I pay top dollar to have any... to me they're just a variation...

NYSWLHUNTER
10-13-2011, 01:45 AM
Whatever

I can't wait to trade these for white lightnings!

rattlehed
10-13-2011, 04:46 AM
Whatever

I can't wait to trade these for white lightnings!

Right after I open one(just to provoke others) I am 100% with you.:thumbsup:

Trolleydodger
10-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Didn't "Real Riders" used to cost the same as the mainline hotwheels back in the 80's??

Yes.
They were just a segment series like Hi-Rakers or Hot Ones. They were all the same price.

Mike(^RacerX^)
10-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Whatever

My feelings exactly.

I doubt that stockers really keep up with the desirable cars. They only know to pull the 'green strip' ones. They don't make the effort to checking eBay. Well, except for the ones that sell on eBay...

Dont be so sure about that.:wave::hat:

Mike

WLhunter
10-14-2011, 08:59 PM
I still say only the hardcore stockers are really going to be bothered to look for them. Looking for a certain car is way different than pulling out cards with green stripes on them.

Mike(^RacerX^)
10-15-2011, 01:13 AM
I still say only the hardcore stockers are really going to be bothered to look for them. Looking for a certain car is way different than pulling out cards with green stripes on them.

With all due respect,when there is money to be made for doing little to nothing,they will search them out.There will never be a solution to "trick the scalpers".

Just another way for Mattel to stir the pot and get people all worked up over cars that are far from limited,and will never in a million years be worth very much.Its good for business,creates a buzz about their product and helps sell more cars all around.

Mike

markkaz
10-15-2011, 02:14 AM

That is all that I am saying as well. There will still
be those who know what to snatch before they
hit the pegs.

There will still be door-warmers who know what
to look for.

But if these hidden superized basics are produced
in the same quantities as Super TH's or even regular
TH's, some will slip through the cracks and fall into
the hands of more collectors than usual.

Diecast Camaro Collector
10-15-2011, 08:05 PM
..... but without some sort of nudge, it would be like looking for that old needle in a haystack!:pwhich kind of takes the excitement out of looking for the TH and makes it a pain in the butt.

:cry:

NYSWLHUNTER
10-16-2011, 11:04 PM
I door warm a few stores and I know what to look for

am I hoser?

rattlehed
10-17-2011, 08:10 PM
To be an official "hoser" I think you have to be from Canada.:jest:

harry_ca
10-18-2011, 01:14 PM
...and you have to be a Leafs fan!