View Full Version : AW R4 Tjet Ultra G chassis and a secret!

motorcitytoyz
11-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone here has notice something that I just happen upon tonight as I was breaking in a few Ultra G chassis.

I just received my Dash 55 Chevys (Tjet version) and attached it to one of the new AW Ultra G chassis. I was breaking it in and boy did it scream! In fact, I was so impressed that I had to see what it would do against one of the new AW XT Flamethowers. I opened a Red Ford GT and put it on the track. It was good but the Tjet Ultra G kicked it butt - by a mile.

So, as I was adjusting the XT chassis, I noticed that there is a small hole over the right rear tire. All the sudden, I realized what it was for....Neo Magnet!

I proceeded to take the Ultra G chassis apart and sure enough, there is a pin point hole above the magnet that you can use a small nail and press the magnet out. I then pressed that same magnet into the XTraction Flamethrower chassis and it fit like a glove.

Next, I put it on the track and what a difference it makes as far as handling but performance is still lacking. Stays on the track much better but still lacks power. I am going to disconnect the lights to see if that helps but not just yet.

I am wondering if this is what AW will be using for the Xtraction Ultra G chassis for the new Dukes of Hazzard release? We will see soon!

Should be in stock by end of month and the Dukes of Hazzard sets will be next week.

dlw
11-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Jeff, AW will be using the same size neo-dots for the XTUG's, so the made the flamethrowers with the magnet pocket in anticipation of the next release of XTUG's. Remember, the DoH race set will have XT Ultra-G chassis. Lile the TJUG chassis, the XTUG chassis will really appeal to kids because of the added downforce. When I get mine, I'll just pop the magnet out so I'll have the old-style MT type performance.

Couple years ogo, I gave some nephews a Tyco set for Christmas (The one with orange and blue track, and a Nomad wagon and Twin Mill), I'm gonna give them some AW UG cars.