View Full Version : revell(?) skull model kit (or repop)

razorwyre1
09-17-2005, 09:13 AM
im looking for a copy of one of the 2 skull kits that were avialable in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. i believe it was originally by revell, was molded in glow in the dark, and had a great many parts. a repop by another company is just as good.

the only one i can find these days are repops of the monogram skull kit, which has very few parts, and is nowhere nearly as accurate.

crazy mike
09-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Skilcraft used to produce a kit (#74625). Had a nice texture which took well to drybrushing. The hatband seam was is hard to hide. Megahobby lists a Skilcraft skull but the box art and kit number are different. $15.95

razorwyre1
09-18-2005, 08:28 AM
skilcraft used to have the revell molds. however they have switched to the monogram molds. (i found out the hard way... sigh)

i cant blame them. the revell had iffy parts fit and a daunting number of parts. frustrating for the occasional modeler or someone who just needed a skull. . the monogram you glue on the cranium cap, the nose, the teeth (which each tooth part is like 4 teeth), and snap on the jaw, and youre done. its a far more commercial product.

JGG1701
09-18-2005, 01:25 PM
I remember that skull model...........
It was an interesting build. I glued a hinge on the back side of the skull. :tongue:

ChrisW
09-19-2005, 08:08 AM
I remember that skull model...........
It was an interesting build. I glued a hinge on the back side of the skull. :tongue:

With a liner we were able to use ours as a candy dish at Haloween.
You can sometimes find the SkilCraft (or Lindberg too, I believe) at older hobby shops and flea markets. Of course, there's always e-you knowwhere

razorwyre1
09-19-2005, 08:37 AM
yeah i found skilcrafts on the web and on the eplace. the photo showed the revell, and now i have 3 monogram (lindberg) under the skilcraft lable sitting here.

beck
09-19-2005, 01:31 PM
i've got one of the Revell skulls somewhere . let me dig it up and get back to ya .
it's definately the one you're after .
hb

ChrisW
09-19-2005, 11:07 PM
yeah i found skilcrafts on the web and on the eplace. the photo showed the revell, and now i have 3 monogram (lindberg) under the skilcraft lable sitting here.

Didn't realize that was the simpler kit - sorry 'bout that!

You might want to give this place a call - they have a great inventory of older kits and are happy to sell thru the mail. When you call be specific about the kit.
http://www.pennvalleyhobbycenter.com/

beck
09-20-2005, 02:37 PM
it's in my kit closet . lmk if yer interested .
hb

razorwyre1
09-21-2005, 08:34 AM
im very interested! please email me at razorwyre1@aol.com. THANKS!!!!!!!!

beck
09-22-2005, 09:12 AM
hey Razor , i just sent ya a PM . sorry i didn't get back to ya sooner , i was away from the computer all day yesterday .
hb

razorwyre1
09-25-2005, 02:56 AM
the money order is on its way! thanks very very much!

beck
09-26-2005, 12:26 PM
hey Razor , got the kit out this weekend and checked it out .
man this thing is detailed compared to the other one .

all parts still in the bag . individual teeth ( looks like fun ! ) there's a black cardboard stand and the little elastic clip parts that hold the jaw to the skull are intact .
i'll get it boxed up and ready to go .
hb