Hobbyist Forums banner

Land of the Giants Snake-completed

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Dr. Pretorius 
#1 ·
So I finally pulled this Polar Lights repop out of the stash. It's been sitting in my closet since 2002 and I finally felt I could take on the snakeskin paint job. I had to repaint the snake's basecoat a couple of times because I just wasn't liking the results. I finally settled on grabbing 5 different bottles of brown shades and airbrushing them on starting from lightest to darkest.

I replaced the safety pin with a real one. This is a easy swap because there are safety pins that are the exact same size as the kit part.

I'll upload some in progress pics on another post.

See less See more
#2 ·
The mouth is a mixture of Tamiya pink with Tamiya Flesh and a touch of purple. A dark red wash was applied.

The body is basecoated with Tamiya Dark Yellow. Darker shades of Tamiya and Vallejo browns are airbrushed on top of the basecoat.

A teak colored wood stain was brushed on and wiped off to bring out the scale details.

#5 ·
Agree! It does an amazing job of really 'selling' the diorama!

I recall the original Aurora issue back in the day, the box was SOOOOO scary and dynamic! The kit was a bit of a letdown in comparison... :)

I always wondered if there was a 'deluxe' version planned ala the LIS Cyclops kit, with the rest of the castaways and maybe some campsite stuff or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.