Hobbyist Forums banner

Hot wheels wax car maker?

10K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  pdxwheels 
#1 ·
Hello all, I just joined this forum to see if anyone could tell me a little about my hot wheels wax car maker. I got this at a garage sale a few years ago and really cant find much info about it. It's dated mattel inc. 1979 and includes 4 car molds, a mold holder, and 4 axles. Ill add a picture of it to help you guys get a better idea of what im talking about. Ill greatly appreciate any info you guys can give me about this thing!

Technology Electronic device Computer keyboard Electronic component

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks alot for posting that link! Now I finally know what have! Sadly it appears im missing the bulk of the toy :( and really only have the molds, tray, and a few wheels that went along with it. Do you guys think theres any value to what I have? Or is it basically just junk? thanks again for all your help!

#7 ·
Very cool :thumbsup:, I remember that set when I was a little tike.

I wouldnt trash it as you do have some very cool olders moulds and you can still pour wax into them to make some very cool looking cars. You dont need the machine as all you need to do is heat up some wax and have some fun.

#12 ·
Hello all, I just joined this forum to see if anyone could tell me a little about my hot wheels wax car maker. I got this at a garage sale a few years ago and really cant find much info about it. It's dated mattel inc. 1979 and includes 4 car molds, a mold holder, and 4 axles. Ill add a picture of it to help you guys get a better idea of what im talking about. Ill greatly appreciate any info you guys can give me about this thing!

View attachment 136923
wow! Have'nt seen one of these since I was a child. I fondly remember playing with that thing for hours. I keep trying to explain to my children what this thing is but they just dont get it. I would so love to have one of these things again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.