Originally Posted by James Tiberius
I have to ask, why is it that our moderator and a few particular members here get to have free reign over what is appropriate to be said. After yesterdays "joke" handling of a topic situation I think it is clear that the personal arguments from the Mod and friends isn't fair. That statment will probably get me banned because its about the mod.
But hey, its a forum and I believe its supposed to be ok to post my opinion. That seems the appropriate thing to say these days, heck it works for members who want to dominate all the topics with the "right" opinion always say. "Just my opinion"
I wonder how much Hank knows about the situation. But now that posts have been deleted and edited, bullies and mods can continue on their own rants and agendas.
And once again, I would like to say that I don't think its fair that someone who makes money from Moebius should be the Moebius Forum Mod. And yes, the included TSDS Spindrift interior cardboard counts as a direct monitery link between the mod and Moebius.
I like to come to Hobbytalk, but of late it seems like if you make any coment that doesnt' jive with the mods, you get banned or crucified.
One more thing, I've actually gotten PMs saying "I can't believe you actually stood up to the mod" and "I agree with what you said" so its not just my opinion, several others feel this way.
While I really should not take the time, as it's really none of your business, I'm going to address your issues:
1. I did nothing regarding the information other than sending a private email to the instigator, asking them to keep it out of the forum. When things escalated (which is the part you did not see involving PM's and private emails between the parties involved), I asked another moderator to step in as I felt I could be biased in this instance. The other moderator is the one who decided what action to take.
2. You could not be more wrong in your description of what a forum is. It is not a place for opinions when they are directed at an individual or a company in an unflattering manner. If you have a problem with someone or a company, you are to take it to PM or emails. We do not allow people to post complaints in the forums, as it invariably turns into a complaint-fest. We are here to discuss Moebius Models, techniques, and to share information. If you want to complain, go elsewhere. And that includes your post above.
3. Hank is aware of all of this. Deleted posts can and are reviewed by him and can be viewed by other moderators.
4. I have never been paid a dime for anything I have done for Moebius. They do not control me, or tell me how to manage the forum. Ever. Yours statement regarding this is not only uninformed, but personally insulting to me.
5. Like some other people, you seem to feel very brave behind a keyboard and feel like you are "entitled" to an opinion here. You are a guest, and will always be a guest provided you obey the rules and respect others. You are not doing this now. You are trying to start something to see how many other folks you can stir up. If you have a problem, again, send a PM or an email to whomever you have a problem with. Do NOT post garbage like this in this forum. I randomly looked up a few of your posts, and while you do contribute to the forums, you also seem to have a tendency to jump on a "complaint" bandwagon where one exists, or start a complaint session of your own. Continuing to do this will find yourself banned.
Consider yourself fairly warned. And please review the rules again before you decide to second guess me on how I do my job.
Oh -- and I don't get paid to moderate, either. Just in case you are going to throw that in my face.